Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Leg Warmer and Coffee

The sock pattern I am working on is a Patons Yarns free pattern and I am using Super Socks Dazzle yarn. I picked up the pattern and yarn in a shop in Port Perry Ontario on our last trip up to visit family and pick up our coffee supply (more about our coffee supply later) about 3 weeks ago. This is a cuff down pattern. I have done the decrease under the "Shape Instep" heading and am working even prior to the "Shape Toe" heading.

I took the plunge and slipped the leg warmer on. It resembles a sock. My husband even says it resembles a sock. The only sizing options the pattern shows is for the length of the foot. I don't know if this is normal as this is the only sock pattern I have seen. I'm nervous about having enough yarn left for both leg warmers, so I measured my foot and it looks like I have to work even for about 2 more inches before I start the Shape Toe step.

Coffee Supply

Due to a myriad of reasons, in "our" household coffee is as necessary to life as milk is to the growth of bones. Basic communication in the morning is a couple of grunts prior to the consumption and infusion of caffeine. Sometimes I think a setup of IV needle, tubing and bottle would be the best way to infuse said caffeine, but due to the fact that we all have a basic aversion to needles, this household chooses to use the time accepted method of "pail o' coffee" more commonly referred to as the coffee cup.

The coffee maker that we have touts itself as a 12 cup, in both the water well and the carafe. For some reason, we only get 4 cups of coffee out of it. Could it be the size of the cup? NAAAHHH. We also have an espresso machine - for Latte's. We have a tendency to make a full pot of coffee at 8:00 at night, and go to sleep at 11:00. This comes from years of shift work.

Our coffee of choice is Tim Horton's, or as we affectionately refer to it as "Timmy's". We're in Canada 3 - 4 times a year, and generally pick up 3 large tins at a time. Tim Horton's just went public on the Toronto Stock Exchange I believe it was. We did not get in on the IPO, I wonder how it's doing lately. Tim Horton was a NHL defenceman, who started the franchise specializing in coffee, donuts, sandwiches and soups. Mr. Horton was tragically killed in a car accident on the QEW, but his franchise which I think is now part of the Wendy's organization is popping up in the States. Please, please pop up in PA.

Again, I apologize to grammar and english perfectionists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home