Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Monday, April 24, 2006

I think I have a sock

What a busy last couple of days. Work, knitting, work, home renovations, playing, playing and work.


The new swatch is looking more like a sock than the first one did. The tension seems much better and once I've turned the heel I'll try it on, take a picture, compare it to the other, and introduce it to the blog.

The other day I did some organizing of my stash. My friend who says "she who dies with most yarn, wins" will get a kick out of this, I discovered that I actually don't have as much yarn as I thought I did. This may be why I must go to Maryland Sheep and Wool. I've never been, but my knitting group says it's to be experienced. Now I'm not saying that my life depends on my going to MDSW - I save that for the really big things - boy I hope "he" doesn't read this. But I'll be much happier if I go.

Some finishing work was done on the home renovations this weekend. I really didn't help much this weekend except to provide the band aids.

Here are some before and after shots of the kitchen:




2 Comments:

Blogger Peri said...

Gorgeous kitchen, Barb! Kudos to Steve too. Your choice of the Pergo was spot-on, IMHO -- and the whole color scheme, woods and paint, is very classy. Worth the sweat equity and multiple trips down the highway to Home Depot, no? :-)

- Jill (perispot.blogspot.com)

12:44 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Peri said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:46 PM, April 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home