Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Catching Up part 100

I received an email from my friend at OC Knitiot who reminded me that I hadn't posted since November. I think it's because the only knitting news I have is the lack of news. Maybe I have too many projects on the go both in knitting and in life.

One would think I would have my scarves done by now or the little purse out of Noro but I truly have not finished anything in over a month. Can you tell I'm embarrassed? Here's a picture of the progress I have made on my Herringbone Rib scarf from Li.

Lately I have been concentrating on system upgrades and I found this cool add on if you use Mozilla Firefox rather than Explorer. It's called Clipmarks and rather than bookmarking an entire web site or say a post from one of you where you have your knitting how to's, it allows me to highlight and save excerpts from your posts. It organizes by tags and also remembers the addy of your post. It's great.

What's not great is my Denver Broncos against San Diego. San Diego just moved to 28-3 and it's only the end of the first half. Broncos made a quarterback change a couple weeks ago so you know we are not having a good year. Then there's the NHL teams MFB and I watch. His Maple Leafs have lost seven straight. My Avalanche won at least one game last week, but last night it looked like they decided not to play three periods of hockey (just like the Leafs) and I stayed up very late to watch them loose last night.

Our Penn State Icers had their 13 game winning streak snapped this weekend when they split a two game series against the Windsor/St Clair Saints. The Icers played well against the OHA AAA Senior Major League team and I believe this now puts the record between the two teams at 5-5-1. It was a good battle this weekend.

Here's some news that MFB broke on Friday's webcast: Penn State Icers have accepted an invitation to play the Denver University Pioneers in Denver in October of 2007. That's the Pioneers D1 team who have won the Frozen Four the last two of three years. I'm realistic that Penn State being an ACHA team going up against the NCAA National Champions don't have much of a chance in that matchup but they have a terrific goal to train for. In a couple months my fingers will be flying fast and furious looking for flights and hotel reservations.

Posting this picture may give me the motivation to finish the hat by this Thursday night which is it's deadline for my knitting groups charity project.

Wow I just read through this and it sounds a bit negative. I'm not - I've just been really busy. Work is always a little crazy although I love it. We have some wonderful friends here even though we've lived in the area less than two years and I've been lucky over the last two weeks to spend maybe not a lot of time with them, but cherished time. Hope you all are spending your time with your friends and family as well.

11 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Don't feel bad - it's been forever since I had a FO. I'm just remembering that I need to knit what's speaking to my heart.

7:45 PM, December 10, 2006  
Blogger Kim said...

Don't stress out about knitting for Thursday night. We have a lot of things to donate and it is an excellent showing for our first year. Knitting is supposed to be fun...NOT stressful. This is a busy season of the year so stop, catch your breath and enjoy.

8:46 PM, December 10, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

and I've been intending to comment on your last post since Nov. 30th - that's really scary. I knew that I procrastinated a lot, but not that much.

As for for FOs, I've been working furiously on a ton of projects and have nothing to show for it yet. With the exception of Mom's socks, I probably won't have any until after Christmas. Actually, I'll be lucky to get those done because I've been hit by a really knitting slump. I'm knitted out! And since Mom doesn't know I'm making them - well...

8:50 PM, December 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a busy time of the year for most folks. I think we can forgive your lack of FOs. But just this once. *laugh*

9:52 PM, December 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What in all the world is going on with the Leafs? Do you guys over there have a hockey-break before XMas like we do here? For our guys, that's always a time to remember what they're here for - playing hockey! - and for the teams it's the time to kick off the losers and get a bunch of better players - perhaps such a thing would do the Leafs some good?
Watched the last Avs game - oy, not good... But then again, there's hope for them, at least they know how to play hockey - pretty well, actually ;)

4:55 AM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Brigitte said...

I just want to get my Christmas knitting out of the way!! But, I can't wait to wrap it all up and deliver it, I know it'll make the recipients very happy!

Ugh, why did Dipsy remind me of the Leafs poor play!?!

7:58 AM, December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it :)
The scarf looks great though, despite it's slow progress, and the hat, I love the long ribbing....I usually stop the cuff an inch or so in because I'm too impatient :-p

I don't really understand all your hockey distress (when I hear sports I tune out - soooooo not athletically inclined) but I do hope that everything works out for you, especially being so close to the holidays, you should be happy and stress free!

Knit Happy :)

9:26 AM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

I think I forgot how to blog let alone knit. Just getting over being really sick. Your hat's so nice! And the scarf looks close to being done (?) Good luck to your teams, I was totally shocked that Miami actually won on Sunday...

2:07 PM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger Joanne M said...

The Leafs depress me. Ah, but it is the holiday season - lots to enjoy, do not stress over knitting! (or blogging about knitting) We'll all be here in January, too. :-)

5:34 PM, December 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb--Looking good. So sorry about the DU thing...did you know my husband is an alumni? Yep, Class of 1983! What a small world!

8:48 AM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Dude! You get done what you get done! Don't stress! Your projects are all looking great. Glad you are getting to hang out with some friends. Sorry about the Icers not going to Denver. That's a real bummer.

Jessica

8:49 PM, December 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home