Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Monday, November 06, 2006

I love these colors

I received a package in the mail the other day and here is what it contained. Noro Kujaku colorway #5. It's discontinued now, I'm thinking of using it for another Herringbone Rib Scarf this time for me. If I don't use it for that then maybe a nice evening bag. The idea for the bag comes from one of my Thursday night knitting friends. She showed us what she made a couple weeks ago and it was just gorgeous. My problem with starting a bag is that I never finish them. I do finish scarves.

Oh, did I say I finish scarves? Sometimes I make the pattern wrong and then try to convince myself to leave as is. MFB is used to seeing me mutter and start ripping out my knitting. He just looks at me, shakes his head and doesn't say anything. Where am I going with this? Well a couple of weeks my friend Twig asked me about the My So Called Scarf Pattern and when I was answering her question I determined that I had suffered another knitting accident. The original interpretation of the pattern is to the left and the correct interpretation of the pattern is on the right.

I'm not sure if you can tell the difference but I can tell the difference, so now I'm happy that I ripped it out and started over. My first attempt had the scarf going on the bias and the texture wasn't as nice as the correct way. This is taking me some time as I'm making it with Trekking. This should be nice and warm when I finish.

Off topic here: Everyone knows what tomorrow is right. That's right, it's the day we all get to exercise our right to VOTE. I will be out there casting my ballot to make my voice heard and I hope all the rest of you do the same.

12 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

I love the Noro - beautiful colourway! Glad to hear you straightened out the My so called Scarf. It took me a while to figure out the stitch pattern, too, but now I really like it. :0)

1:37 AM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

I can see why you like those colors, it just begs to be knit! Sometimes I feel like I do more ripping than knitting, but it's worth it if it makes you happy! Oh yeah, I'm voting-it's our chance to give em' the finger!

7:41 AM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Kim said...

Me vote...ya bet! I already voted absentee as did all the campaign staff because we are scattered to various locations on Election Day. I am heading to Scranton soon. I LOVE Noro and the colorway is fabulous! It will be gorgeous whatever you knit...but since you love it so much perhaps a scarf is the choice...you will use it more. I can't believe you frogged the other scarf. It was beautiful but if you feel better redoing it...go for it!

9:07 AM, November 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*cautiously peeks in* Love the Noro. That will make a great scarf. And the other scarf (that I will not speak of by name) is looking good.

9:40 AM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, your "accidental" pattern was pretty too. Love the Noro. Too bad it's discontinued.

10:36 AM, November 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Noro is really gorgeous!

I hear you on the rip and reknit. Sometimes I try to convince myself it'll be okay, but off it goes to the Frog Pond nine times out of ten.

I voted absentee but have to drop it off today. Bah. I thought I'd be working the polls, but with so many absentee ballots, they didn't need me. Hurrah! Now that's a thankless job.

2:20 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

I really can't tell the difference in the two scarfs but I'm glad you're happy with the new one!

Jessica

6:08 PM, November 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb--thanks for the comments on the sock---ok, I am such a dork--I don't think I did the hyperlink correctly---anyway its www.knitty.com and they have all these free articles and cool stuff like that...ok, must go make coffee, catch the last half of Gilmore Girls and KNIT!
p.s. any help with the hyperlink stuff is greatly appreciated--what am I doing wrong???

8:36 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

LOL-I got that calendar from my daughter's room. I'll post a bigger pic of the coffee when I get home tonight:)

12:57 PM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Is the Herringbone Scarf done yet?
I posted a larger pic of the leaf in the coffee.;)

9:35 PM, November 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome colorway - gosh, my fingers were itching to knit with it the moment they saw that pic! (Wait, my fingers saw the pic??? Gotta check for eyes there now...;)
I have to say, your "accidental" pattern looked really great too - it'd be a wholly new pattern, one you could write down and offer as a free one - or for sale?

5:05 AM, November 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems you're knitting up a storm! The herringbone looks great, so warm and squishy! That Noro is beautiful - I can't wait to see what you do with it!

4:31 PM, November 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home