Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

FILM AT ELEVEN

If you're a semi regular visitor here you may know that the safety of my person seems to have an inexplicable tie to Rhode Island. Could it be a sort of Bermuda Triangle? Just outright bad luck? Karma? Carelessness?

It could be all of the above. So here's the thing. MFB is going to Rhode Island in a couple of weeks with the hockey team. Yippee Skippee I can hardly wait. My plan was to sleep downstairs on the couch, not drive the car, only eat cold meals, and stay away from anything sharp as well as electrical outlets. I considered garlic over the door but I don't believe it will be helpful in this situation and I ruled out the silver stake for obvious reasons.

Please note I said was not is. MFB asked me go to Rhode Island with him this time. It's been a couple months since I've been on a road trip and I do love to travel. I wonder if he thinks I need a keeper. Knitty Otter could you loan me enough bubble wrap?

One of the fantastic benefits of my job is employee rates at certain hotel brands and I was in luck that the hotel the team is staying at is one of them. I have my hotel reservations made and have found two yarn stores in the area to visit. I'd like to see Naval Station Newport and find some good seafood.

If you see someone who strangely resembles Wile E. Coyote holding a sign that says HELP and is afraid to look skyward for fear of seeing the piano that is about to drop on her head, RUN. AWAY. I don't know the safe distance for this kind of thing.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please tell me when you're making this trip. You probably will pass not too far from me and I want to make sure to stay off the rhodes during the likely time period (get it? rhodes? Bwahahahah I've still got it).

1:33 AM, November 02, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Stay close & hang on to your knitting!

11:13 AM, November 02, 2006  
Blogger Kim said...

Pack that knitting bag but leave space for the treasures you will purchase. You need a break...perhaps traveling will "break" the evil spell. And you need somewhere to show off that special new knitting bag.

11:46 AM, November 02, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Oh lordy you crack me up! Can you pad yourself with wool or something? ;)

Jessica

4:16 PM, November 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yay, RI! You'll be fine, I promise. The trees are still colored and the weather seems to be a little better these days. Atleast now if something goes haywire you'll be with someone and not alone!

12:10 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger KnittingJones said...

My oldest lives in Providence. I can give you her number for an emergency contact!

2:26 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Nik said...

at least you'll get to feel up some yarn while you're there :D

2:50 PM, November 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home