Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Life is a commercial

Miss Really Annoying Loud Cell Phone User was in the booth behind me tonight when we were out for dinner. Miss Phone and her two co-ed friends were already at their table when we were shown to ours. Right after we ordered our meals a cell phone rang and it was Miss Phone's. During the 15 minutes we were privy to all sides of the conversation, oh yes we heard the callers side of the conversation as Miss Phone decided that she needed to use the speaker, we assumed so that her companions would be able to participate in the conversation. As we were "just" off campus at a popular hangout for university staff, student, and visitor/tourist hangout we were trying to be very flexible and thought this would end shortly and we could get back to our conversation.

What we heard was, "Like, OMG he didn't, like you did, and then like what did they do. OMG, like this is what I did, and like why don't you call me more. Want to get together over break, like I so miss you, OMG you wouldn't like believe who I just saw."

Like if I start using like and OMG, all the time, like you so totally need to call me on it, because OMG after 15mins, like I thought I would go like insane. Please. Help. Me.

Several minutes later we realized that Miss Phone's friends were carrying on a separate conversation. How? Well Miss Phone told her friends to be a little quieter because she couldn't make out what her caller was saying, yes still on very loud speaker, and I piped up, "I can hear it, we all can hear it". At this point MFB gave me what we refer to as "The Look". Which means, "don't do it". We had been making comments almost loud enough for them to know we had heard most of the conversation and were finding it at times funny, but really just annoying. When we realized how long this had been going on MFB very nicely asked Miss Phone to take her cell off speaker as it had been annoying for quite awhile. He didn't even need to put his "cop face" on. I on the other hand would have said in a snotty tone of voice, "Can I say hi to Mary, I've heard so much of her voice I feel I must know her." This is why I get "The Look".

I am by no way trying to infer that only co-eds are Really Annoying Loud Cell Phone User's. I've heard and seen both sexes and all ages. But LIKE OMG this is the first time it was almost 15mins on the SPEAKER.

Miss Really Annoying Loud Cell Phone User LIKE This Bud's For You.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have gone insane. You must be a really patient person to have put up with that for 15 minutes. You earned bonus points on your karma card for sure.

12:51 AM, October 25, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

LOL. You should try riding a commuter train with one of "those" some time. Everyone else is trying to sleep because we have to WORK and miss thang is freeking out on the phone. Makes for a lovely ride. Not!

Jessica

11:46 AM, October 25, 2006  
Blogger Dana said...

I laugh every time the commercial plays on the radio, and thanks to you I laughed out loud again. I'm sorry for your experience, but thanks for sharing your story.

12:56 PM, October 25, 2006  
Blogger KnittingJones said...

Up against the boards with her! I agree compeltely. I feel that we've totally lost all sense of boundaries as a culture -- there's no privacy, no consideration of others ... don't get me started!

11:15 AM, October 26, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Like Amen! OMG

3:01 PM, October 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ride the train each day to work, and I will inevitably sit in front the only person on the train who has to carry on a cell conversation for the entirety of my ride at the loudest decible possible. And you're right, the ones that do this are always the "OMG, Like, I can't believe it!" type girls, and sometimes even men, yes, I've had to sit in front of a newly 21 year old male going ON and on and on about his drunken birthday exploits. It's like my own little 90210 Soundtrack no matter where I go, *smirk*

6:41 AM, October 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes one would just love to stuff these people's phones into their throat - awww, I'd really enjoy doing that!

9:18 AM, October 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home