Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Don't leave home without it

On Wednesday, I was truly glad that when I went to work I had my knitting in the car as MFB received a phone call from his doctor and was told to go directly to the ER without passing go or collecting the proverbial $200 dollars.

During the four hours of excellent medical care what's a concerned wife addicted to knitting to do? Why knit, of course, as well as occasionally crack wise to help keep the mood light and drink hospital coffee. We were blessed by MFB receiving a clean bill of health, or as he puts it "much ado about nothing".

Friends said, "Isn't he the one who usually takes you to the ER?" Har Har. Then today I was sent for an MRI on my never ending foot saga as now they are checking it for stress fractures. I'll have my results on Tuesday. I used to recite the Miranda Warning; at this point I think I can recite the HIPPA Act. Did I mention my middle name is Bill, as in Medical Bill?

So lots of knitting going on, the scarves mostly and a seaman's cap for the Hockey Knitters KAL. Thought I had a picture of it, but not yet. We had our knitting group tonight at the local library and as always it was a great time.

The weekend brings us to hockey, football, hockey and who know what else. Oh and the weather is COLD.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad evreything turned out ok. And from now on, I'll make sure to always have knitting in my car. BTW, what does MFB mean? My Former Boyfriend, My Fabulous Brother, My Fiber Buddy?

11:00 AM, October 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad he got a clean bill of health. I'm a bit afraid to hear about how you survived Friday the 13th, though. *snicker*

11:26 AM, October 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad he's okay! nice way to sneak in some knitting time.

MFB=My Favorite Boy?

5:45 PM, October 13, 2006  
Blogger KnittingJones said...

Glad everything went well. And as far as the foot thing -- I went through what seemed like hundreds of tests, for shooting pains in my right foot, then migrating to the ankle and up the calf. Turned out to be a compressed nerve in the metatarsal area, and I had surgery last spring. It's much better, but I still pamper my feet as much as I can.

1:52 PM, October 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, what a scare - I'm so glad to hear that everything turned out okay! Fingers crossed for your foot thing, I so hope that it gets better for you and you'll be rid of the problems and pain you have with it!

3:57 PM, October 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home