Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

FO and Accident Prone Whining


Ta da here is my finished round dishcloth:
Pattern: Knitted Lacy Round Cloth by Rhonda K. White
Yarn: Lily Sugar and Cream two colors from stash unknown names
Needles: 7 US straight
Oddities: frogged once due to wrong size needles, one twisted stitch due to tinking, ran out of one color and added another for last four rows.

Yep, even made a mistake on a dishcloth. Very heavy sigh.

Taking a little break from the P socks for required domestic linens so I started another dishcloth with Lily Sugar and Cream - started and frogged one uh three times. Current state is 12 stitches cast on. Let's move along shall we.

At my last Thursday night knitting group the local newspaper sent out a photographer and reporter and here is the story that appeared in Saturday's newspaper. The photos aren't on the web.

Oh did anybody else see the Broncos beat the Patriots Sunday night? Damn but that was a late night in the Accident household. Penn State lost to Ohio and that wasn't a big surprise, but I think a big surprise was Coach Paterno jogging off the field as he wasn't feeling well. Kudos to you Coach, your stamina and grace under pressure impressed me.

I know whining is unattractive but I'm going to indulge for a moment no more knitting news so you may want to "Exit - Stage Left"

Back in March I fell down the stairs and broke some bones in my foot. In years past the ankle of this foot has been broken twice - and you thought Accident Prone was my knitting accidents right? LOL. My foot has been causing me problems ever since. I gave in to the pain (when I'm on my feet) and swelling (all the time) today and went back to see my orthopedist. X-rays reveal the breaks are healed but the soft tissue trauma hasn't been looked after. Off to physical therapy for me in the morning. Currently I can't walk two blocks without my ankle giving out on me and my foot hurting, a lot. It's always swollen, I need to get in shape and get back to a healthy lifestyle but I can't trust the foot to get me through. I got hit by a car when walking across the street just shy of two years ago now - I mentioned accident prone, eh? So of course with the limping from the foot pain it is aggravating the back injuries and now even my neck is stiff. I know there are others who are in worse pain or worry from illness or worse trauma than I, even some of my friends here in the blogosphere. OK enough feeling sorry for myself. I expect in a couple of weeks after therapy I'll have a whole new outlook and will be able to "make tracks" again.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dishcloth turned out great.

I'm beginning to better understand the name of your blog. *snicker*

12:26 AM, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice write up. I still look at puppies, though. *laugh*

1:44 AM, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that dishcloth is darling!

Poor feet! I hope you feel better soon. And whine away. I've never broken anything but whining records myself.

3:06 PM, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hon, I'm so sorry that your foot is giving you such trouble - and you have all the right in the world to whine about it, all this sounds so very painful! I so hope that therapy works well this time and that you'll be rid of the pain and the swelling soonest possible - fingers crossed for you!
And my, I so love the dishcloth, it's so beautiful! You know, I once tried my hands at a round one and failed miserably, but seeing yours sure inspired me to go back and try it again - I want one too ;)

4:03 AM, September 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're allowed to feel sorry for yourself! I hope you feel better soon. Thank goodness it's not your hands that are giving you problems.

The dishcloth is very nice. :-)

10:15 AM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Obviously I should read all posts before commenting. Love the dishcloth! :)

I'm really sorry to hear about your foot pain. No need to feel guilty about whinning a little. We all have our *stuff*. Glad they at least know what's wrong and you'll be able to do something to make it better. Not being able to walk more than two blocks is no way to live! Hugs!!

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

8:11 PM, September 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home