Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

I can see clearly now

(to paraphrase) the blur is gone!

Over the last year I've had some minor headaches, had to put my reading glasses on for menus in restaurants and two months ago noticed that even with my glasses on I've had to move papers farther away to read. You've probably seen me - I'm the one who would hold something out at arms length so I could read it.

Almost three weeks ago I finally made the time to go to the eye doctor and get my eyes examined. (I wish I could have had my head examined at the same time but that would be a story for another day) It's probably been a good three years since my last eye exam so I was like a bill that wasn't paid on time - PAST DUE.

I picked up my new reading glasses on Thursday. It took so long because I wanted rimless glasses and the lenses for those have to have holes drilled in. Why rimless? You will so laugh when I tell you why. When I'm knitting at home I'm usually watching TV. I only need glasses for close up work so I slide my glasses down my nose to watch TV (nice picture isn't it). With my old glasses I could see the rim, it was distracting and I would have to push the glasses further down. I'm adapting to the new prescription but I have to take them off when I walk around or else I get vertigo. I need the fit tweaked a little bit as I have a hot spot on the right side. Finding the time this coming week for a refit will prove difficult. Here's the good news, I can see!

Will the new and improved glasses help my knitting? That's yet to be determined.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you see me now?
Can you see me now?

*laugh* My arms have gotten shorter, too. The other day I was trying to read a take out menu and I was standing there with my arm out as far as it would go. I thrust my arm out in an effort to get it a bit farther -- and of course my body followed. The husband thought that was funny and warned me that my arm wasn't going to grow just because I willed it to.

10:45 PM, September 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy! Now, that was about time - considering the fact that you already got headaches due to not seeing properly! But now it seems to be perfect, and I'm sure you're enjoying your new eyesight now!
I'm basically just waiting for this to happen to me too - the thing with arms having to get longer and longer :) - I think I'll soon be hitting the age when it's going to happen and as it seems, there's no way out. Oh well... :(

3:25 AM, September 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home