Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Another FO

My Snake Socks are done. I just checked my blog and I started these on June 25th and I just finished on August 5, am I ever slow. But as these socks were growing into adult hood they experienced a family reunion, border crossings, dehydration due to failure of air conditioning, a couple of visits to a library, a baseball game, and some adventures in painting to name a few.

The pattern is by Joanne Conklin and I used Froehlich-Wolle color 7629 which is a pale green with a small smattering of other colors. I used size 2 bamboo dpns (I think I knit tight). So much fun and did I ever learn a few things about knitting with these socks. I've never done anything resembling lace before so it was a fun new experience for me. I of course have a lot of other sock patterns in the lineup (who doesn't), but I plan on coming back to this pattern in the future and make it out of some other color. The picture doesn't show the detail that this pattern has.

I started a second project last night and it's going fast. This is the start of my Huggable Hedgehog pattern by Fiber Trends which my LYS ordered in for me. As you can tell from the picture I think I'm going to have alot of ends to tie in.

Saturday at Chez Accident was spent with MFB washing and detailing the two cars. Yes, I believe we have thunderstorms predicted for tomorrow. I cut the grass and used the weed whacker in spots then settled in on the covered deck to finish up the Snake Socks. Afterwards we headed into town for dinner and grocery shopping.

Today was pruning a lilac bush which may have a hornet infestation. When I was done, again I relaxed in the breeze on the covered deck. I finished listening to Janet Evanovich's Twelve Sharp while knitting away on the hedgehog and MFB painted the upstairs door to the upstairs deck and attic window trim.

Uhhh Yes, the door was open for part of the day. Did a bat come in? That's yet to be determined. Dinner preparations begin shortly, that's when I found out the last time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking socks.

Wow, I'm tired just reading about how busy you've been. In comparison, I'm a sloth.

8:33 PM, August 06, 2006  
Blogger Joanne M said...

Your socks look so petite!?! And they turned out well... are you lucky to have small feet?

p.s. our porch is half-sun/half-shade in the morning half-shade/half-sun in the afternoon - works well and stays cool there while the petite yard gets a little bit of sun. :-)

9:00 PM, August 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, these socks are gorgeous! I totally love the pattern - and hey, just thinking about where they have been and what they've been up to while you were knitting away, that's just amazing!

11:19 AM, August 07, 2006  
Blogger Deby said...

Your socks look great! Who cares how long it takes to finish a project, its not like we have one thing going at a time! HA!

10:57 AM, August 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home