Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Finished Woobie


This is a Blanket Buddy for my co-worker who is expecting her first-born in four weeks. Two weeks from now, she plans to be out mowing the lawn and whatever else she can think of to hurry the birth of her daughter along. For this bunny I used two strands of Red Heart Soft Baby and a contrasting dark blue yarn from the stash for the back stitching of the face. The face area is filled with fiberfill and the smallest bag of fiberfill I could find is enough for about 30 of these. Such a quick knit, even for me. This pattern has a slight modification to make ears for a bear rather than a bunny. That will be my next one. The other co-worker's little boy is due in October.

I'm still working on Snake Socks but hope to finish this weekend. I probably said that last week. Hopefully this will be the last time I say it. Last night I finished the heel and gusset shaping and started the foot. I hoped to be further along as I had a doctor's appointment yesterday at noon and when I scheduled it they lead me to believe that I would be spending a lot of time between multiple blood pressure checks. I thought "perfect time to indulge in knitting in the middle of a work day" right? Wrong. My blood pressure was normal and so no further testing needed. Good news but not a single knit stitch made so I'm not as far along as I hoped.

If they had taken my blood pressure today at 4:00pm it probably would have been a lot higher slightly elevated due to a frustrating experience. MFB listened to me vent on the drive home then we went for a short walk after dinner tonight where we did some duck watching and that's all it took to put life back on its axis.

The heat is starting to break and we hope to do some more home improvements that will probably include the weekly lawn mowing, power washing the deck to get it ready to stain, painting the trim in the living room and whatever else comes to mind. Ah yes, the joys of home ownership.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Woobie turned out cute. What a great idea.

12:51 AM, August 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how cute this Blanket Buddy is - that little face! Lovely!
Fingers crossed that your heat will break soon - here it's been raining for the past couple of days and cooled down considerably - I enjoy that so much! But tonight it shouldn't rain though, going to a soccer game! ;) Have a great weekend!

4:51 AM, August 05, 2006  
Blogger Deby said...

wooby is so cute. I would love to have the pattern. Is it online do you know?
Your work is wonderful. I love your snake socks. You always comment on my blog but I cannot find your email anywhere! I want to thank you. Can you email me? dtlake@hughes.net.
Deby

10:15 AM, August 05, 2006  
Blogger Joanne M said...

What a cute bunny blankie!! I'm sure that will be a well received gift for your friend. :-)

10:53 AM, August 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bunny blanket is way cute. What a lucky co-worker. :)

11:46 AM, August 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an adorable blanket. I am sure it will be much loved.

1:54 PM, August 05, 2006  
Blogger Kish said...

I love the blanket buddy! I have never seen those before. Funny thing about blood pressure...when I have a Dr.'s appointment during the day and I leave from school, it is always up. Hmm, some sort of connection between 27 3rd graders and an elevated blood pressure level...nah. Glad the heat is finally breaking for you. We had some wicked storms here, and so the heat finally broke some. At least people can go outside now. :) Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. I am sure your friend will love the gift!

9:48 PM, August 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home