Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's the heat I tell you

I received a couple of comments asking what a Blanket Buddy is from my previous post. Here is the link to the pattern on the Lion Brand site. See here's the thing; I wasn't sure what it was either because the picture didn't show up on my zerox copy. And uh I really don't know much about babies, so I didn't know but thanks to my gal pal Peri, when I described it to her she said " Now that you've described its decoration, I get it much clearer -- it's a "woobie," or "bankey" or whatever else kids call their favorite "blanket buddies," hence the name. " I think the heat is keeping me from thinking and describing things enough for others to see what I see.

I know y'all know it's hot; you don't need me or MFB to tell you how hot it is - because we are all feeling it. Allow me to share this with you though. The last couple of days, I think Pennsylvania has slid into Tennessee because the heat haze here looks like we're in the Great Smoky Mountains.

I feel a quick little rant or two coming on because if you can't indulge in one in this heat when can you?

#1 Memo to the genius who decides what will be shown on TV during prime time during the summer:
Can you pick one evening a week where you could program one show that would keep my interest? Please.

#2 Seen during dinner in a restaurant tonight was a lady probably 8 years or so younger than I with (I assume her children) a daughter (maybe around 12) and a son probably about 16. The sports bar restaurant is downstairs but this family was sitting up in the nicer restaurant area. The son was sitting at the table with a baseball hat on. Are baseball hats now considered society's "dressing up for dinner"? I don't get this. Don't get me wrong I am not from the age when a man would take off his hat when a lady passed by, but MFB and I were raised with certain manners i.e. men open doors for ladies and men don't wear hats at the dinner table.

On the other hand - why do I care? He's not my son, and none of the men in my family would do such a thing and that includes when they have helmet head from wearing a motorcycle helmet all day.

It's gotta be the heat.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yep, it must be the heat! When we had such high temps these past weeks, I also found myself being unnerved and disturbed by things that wouldn't bother me in the least usually, I was cranky and moody and whatnot. Then again, I agree with you, why couldn't they just have this boy take his cap off during dinner? But you know: If parents have no manners, their kids will hardly get them either.
:(

3:48 AM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger Kish said...

We have had horrible heat here in Ohio. Then we had a nasty rainstorm that lasted 5 minutes but left us powerless for a few hours. Long enough to start to get hot from no air-conditioning. I am with you on the hat thing...between sending my students downstairs to get a belt for pants and yelling at them to take their hoods/hats off I understand. I am not quite 30 yet, so we can't say it is an "age" thing either lol. I just find it disrespectful.

11:03 PM, August 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home