Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

FO Sighting without proof

I finished my Topi hat, pattern compliments of Jenn. I like it and what a fun pattern to knit. Will probably make it again in a bright summer color or maybe one with wool in colors for one of my hockey teams. Might be fun to wear it in the arena to help keep warm.

I also finished my first Snake Sock, pattern compliments of Joanne and I'm working on the ribbing for the second sock. This is my first try at a lacey pattern and I never realized the detail in the individual stitches of k2tog or PSSO. Now I'm planning my next projects and can't wait to get the 2nd sock done to move on to the next lace pattern to try.

No pictures of either of this since when I got home I wanted to pack for our road trip, so you'll have to take my word.

MFB and I are headed up to my Country-In-Law tomorrow. We are going to Port Perry (north of Toronto) Ontario and then a conservation area near Bolton for his family reunion. He tells me we'll be up there for one of the hottest weekends so far this summer. It's supposed to be HOT and HUMID but he still has plans to golf with his brother on Sunday before we head back home.
So while he's golfing, I plan to introduce my SIL (she sells her scarves in a boutique during the winter) to the world of sock yarn. That's right, I'm going back to where it all started, the LYS where I bought my first ever sock yarn.. (Oh that's OK. MFB won't read this before we go away so he won't be...wait a second that's just asking for bad karma). It'll be a fast trip as usual, and of course a trip back to Canada wouldn't be a trip without picking up our Tim Horton's coffee.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joanne M said...

Oooh! Have fun! My parents are driving down from Toronto tomorrow for the weekend here... also hot and humid in the forecast, but we'll be heading to the beach along with the rest of New England. :-)

12:26 AM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, one more road trip! Lucky you, I'd kill (okay, almost) to be able to go to Canada right now! Have a lot of fun! And all these FO's you mentioned - I'm dying to see pics of them!

1:31 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Peri said...

OK, I need to re-taste Tim Horton's. I am not at all a coffee snob (and not inferring that you are either, of course), but I snagged a free sample bag of some Starbucks and have become completely spoiled. That grocery-store stuff just won't do now. And you two (meaning YFB) talk up that Canadian joe so much, I simply must have some! So make sure you have a pot for me when I drive out next weekend for my HTML tutorial. :-)

8:46 AM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Kish said...

Have fun on your road trip. Hope to see some pics!

9:57 AM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the husband doesn't know won't get you in trouble.

Have fun!

12:30 PM, July 14, 2006  
Blogger Uneeknitter said...

Hope you have a great trip!

11:12 AM, July 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home