Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

I have one nerve left

Seventy seven stitches on the needles after two rows of a seventy stitch patern:
16 nerves
Discovering I'm a total knitting doofus novice because I think SSK means slip 1 slip 1 knit third stitch:
8 nerves (I'm used to being a doofus)
Frogging twice:
6 nerves
Twisting cast on stitches for socks:
12 nerves
Dropping a stitch when connecting cast on:
2 nerves (discovered it right away)
Finally knitting 22 rows of the sock with no problems:
PRICELESS!

UMMM Dropping a stitch down two rows when trying on the rows:
1263 nerves.
Finding instructions on the internet for and picking up said stitch then indulging in a coffee:


PRICELESS!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For everything else, there's vodka.

7:46 PM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger Kish said...

What she said lol! I know that crappy feeling, sometimes just best to put the needles down and walk away.

9:33 PM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger Uneeknitter said...

Breathe....it is ok. Put down the needles....walk away.

Nevermind, where is that bottle of vodka Twig? Got any Chocolate Liquer? Makes a great Chocolate Martini and we all know chocolate makes the world better!

12:32 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Kish said...

OK...according to this color chart, I bought the yarn pink/purple stripe #5612. I didn't realize there were so many to choose from. :)

2:23 PM, June 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just one of those days... I also agree with twig!

4:18 PM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

:) great....
I'm almost finished with my lst pair...

12:35 PM, July 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home