Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

It's a pair!!

Yippeee. This is my first completely finished item since starting my blog and my first pair of socks which did not succumb to the dreaded second sock syndrome. I still really like this cotton wool blend and plan on exploring it in different colorways.

I've started two new projects the first of which is the Ticker Tape Purse from Kish. I started both these new projects Thursday night with my knitting group. There were six of us there and thank goodness for L. and her book of knitting techniques, because I had to do a crochet cast on for the purse. Her book had directions and voila. I don't have a picture of either of these new projects but will next week. I love the rich colors of this yarn and the texture is great.

I also started Snake Socks from Joanne. I'm using the Froehlich wool I picked up from my LYS for the socks. This is a cuff down pattern and I finished the ribbing and worked the first two rows of the snake pattern twice. Looks like I need to do some more research before continuing because I've discovered I don't know what the h#!! enough about knitting to make what looks like a fairly easy lace pattern. I sure like this wool, springy and soft, very different feel from the socks I just finished. This yarn is a soft green and has sporadic little blobs of color and it's fun to watch where the blobs show up on the socks. You can just see the blobs on the end of the skein there.

The weather Thursday night chased us knitters home. We made it to our cars running through a vicious wind and sprinkles. Two miles down the road it was driving rain, thunderstorms and a hail storm to beat the band. We've had lots of rain since then, but today we had blue skies! Of course I picked today to go into the office and get some work done without interruption. It was a productive day, but I would have rather been sitting on the deck knitting and listening to a book on tape.

Have to get ready for some company on Thursday as our best friends are visiting from Canada. Just an overnight visit but it's long overdue as I haven't seen them in over a year. Domestic chores are on the agenda for tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kish said...

Glad you figured out the crochet cast on ok. I like it for when I have to connect my knitting or sew seam together. I learned last week, that if you crochet cast on in scrap yarn, you can remove it later (provisional cast on). I am anxious to see pictures of the purse!

I LOVE the socks. What yarn did you use? The colorways turned out really neat!

10:24 PM, June 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice socks. I miss the 70's and that's what they remind me of -- the psychedelic period.

What yarn is it? I must have some!

10:34 PM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger Uneeknitter said...

Cool socks girl. The cast on I used was similar to the crochet cast on. It said you could do either. But the figure 8 thing I did was too cool and I LOVE it. Have fun with the purse and the snake socks. I will start my snake socks later this week probably.

9:49 AM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger Kish said...

My yarn was Sockotta in the color purple. Was it maybe the pattern that would make the colorway different?

12:30 PM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger Deby said...

Very nice socks. Wild colorway, very cool.

7:43 PM, July 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home