Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Stash and a WIP

My hands have been a little sore lately, so not much knitting, but I still had to play in the yarn so thought I'd look and see if there was anything worth sharing.

These two balls of yarn have been in my stash since last year when I was in a little yarn store North of Port Perry Ontario (the owner runs it out of her home and it was really very nice for the life of me I can't remember the name) with my SIL who gifted me with these. At that time all my knitting thoughts were for scarves and I was thinking that these would make a light weight summer scarf. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to make.

These two balls of yes, Sugar and Cream are ear marked for this cute hat pattern from Jennifer . I think the hat may look nice in this.

Here's a WIP that I need to get back to. This could almost be called souvenier yarn. Back in
March of this year I was in the Philadelphia area for the ACHA National Ice Hockey tournament. Our team came in second in a heartbreaker final. The action was teriffic and the team is a group of first class young men. But that's a story for another day. I picked up this yarn from Garden of Yarn (haven't been able to fine a web site for them), this store is one of the nicest merchandised yarn stores I've seen. I, of course, was still in my scarf knitting phase and headed to their sale room. The pink sparkly ribbon type is Plymouth Meteor and the furry stuff is called FFF Shadows. The shadows is blacks, golds and rusts, not really my combo but I thought it might look nice with the pink. The jury is still out on this and that's probably why I haven't finished it.

I'm making a road trip from PA to South Dakota this week and so need to plan what to take with me. Probably the scarf and my St Johns Wort Pattern Purse that I still have not been inspired to finish. The yarn for this is Berrocco Cotton Twist. I do love the colors.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous yarn! I especially love your "souvenir" yarn - of course, buying yarn on a hockey day, this has got to be the coolest thing! By the way, I wouldn't mind if you'd share the story of this event one day, I had a look through their webpage already and it seems to have been such an amazing thing with a lot of great young players! Would have loved to be there with you!

10:26 AM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Barb, why haven't you finished this cute blue bag???? I really like it. Seriously, I have a Rowan Linen Drape top that I've been working on since last July that I still haven't finished. I only need to knit about 6 more rows on the shoulder ties. Maybe we're just process knitters.

9:27 PM, June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home