Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Fun times

It's been a busy week and weekend so far.

Thursday night we had a very enjoyable evening out. It was a roast of one of our friends, which included an auction of mostly hockey paraphernalia. There was also a very nice crocheted afghan, it kept speaking to me but I resisted. All proceeds for the evening went to our local YMCA fundraising for an In Line Skating Rink for the community. The high point for me was seeing several friends who during our local hockey season I saw every week. Since the season it's been withdrawal.

Friday at work was highligthed by two fun things. The employer provided a much appreciated BBQ and then dismissed us at 3:00pm for a head start on the weekend. A quick trip to pick up a couple of vids for the weekend and we beat feet home.

We watched Mrs. Henderson Presents, which is a teriffic movie that can't be missed. It's rated R because of the nudity and language. If I recall correctly most of the language comes from Dame Judi Dench. The nudity was mostly bare breasts vaudeville review style and a quick cut to and from some things that you knitters will know when I say that Willie Warmers were designed for. One of those things was Bob Hoskin's. Great acting and based on a true story. I enjoyed this more than The Last of the Blonde Bombshells.

Saturday I went to my LYS for their Memorial Weekend Sale. Met up with one of my friends and we had FUN. Then met up with MFB and we headed to his favorite store for home improvements supplies. The last time this store released their earnings report and reported a loss we couldn't figure out why, as we have done everything homeowners can do to improve their bottom line!

This is what I came home with

That's two skeins of Regia and 4 skeins of Froehlich. I understand the Froehlich has been discontinued so I was really happy that I bought some. The pale green Froehlich has some little blobs of brown and yellow. I plan on using that to make the Snake Socks pattern that Joanne sent me.

Here's the progress on the socksYes, the one that looks like it's done is actually going to be ripped out as it's too loose. I'm really liking the color pooling on the one in progress.

Back to knitting, I hope you all are having a great holiday weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty yarns. I like the pooling, too. It's nice patterning. Happy Memorial Day!

2:55 AM, May 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where, what, how, who??? An auction of hockey memorabilia, and me not there? Shame on me :))) Did you get some goodies there?
You certainly did get amazing yarn goodies, such gorgeous colors, wow! And your socks are coming along so beautifully, I love the pooling too! Great work! Do have a Happy Memorial Day!

1:54 AM, May 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... I just realized that Memorial Day has already been last weekend - sorry for that, I'm always a week late over here :(

2:41 AM, May 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home