Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I should have known

So I was happily knitting away on my second sock, yes I'm not falling under that second sock syndrome - no not me I tell you. But as I'm happily knitting away with my pattern changes of working with 56 stitches rather than 64 I started thinking that the second half of the ball of yarn was different than the first. Here's why:
Obviously the new lesson is when you change the number of stitches it changes the pattern of the yarn. Who'd a thunk it? Not me, that's for sure. I may end up falling victim to the third or fourth sock syndrome if I'm not careful.

So here's the new plan. I've made progress on the second sock and am almost at the short row heel. Maybe when I start working on the leg the color pattern will change to the other? No, I don't think so either. I like that color pooling - yeah I meant to do that. I'll just keep repeating that to myself.

Everyone still watching hockey? We are, even though neither one of our teams are still in. Thanks to Angie for keeping us in the loop with the worlds and letting us know how badly Team Canada embarrassed themselves. What happened to the Oilers last night? How do you give up that big a lead? Thank goodness they hung on. And Buffalo just now beat the Hurricanes 4-3. Buffalo now leads that series 2-1.

If you haven't checked out Angies blog give it a look see. Great knitting and beautiful pictures of her travels in Europe.

According to my pipeline to the weather forecasting community, we should have nice weather here for the holiday weekend. We have home improvements in our plans for the weekend and then some serious relaxtion time on the deck, with a cup of coffee - but wait I just remembered...

We have a coffee supply depletion warning in effect in this household. We didn't gauge (no pun intended) our rate of consumption accurately when we made our last trip up to Canada. We are running out of Tim Horton's. Uh Mom, please send coffee?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, thank you so much for your nice words about my blog! Here they didn't broadcast the last 2 NHL-PO-games and I was almost driving insane, but now they'll show it again, fortunately! Go Oilers - seems they're a tad tired now, but they'll win, just wait and see!
That color-/pattern change when you change the stitches for your socks happened to me as well a while ago - wow, I was pretty flabbergasted, hadn't even thought about this being possible to happen. But who cares anyway as long as the socks are gorgeous like yours are and it feels good to wear them? Go girl, socks don't necessarily have to be exactly the same, some color variations never hurt anyone, actually I find that very cheerful!

3:04 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Lene said...

I think I might use your trick someday, put off the stitch count to see different color changes. Thank you!

3:23 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Eek! Well just think of these socks as a learning experience.

I will not comment on the Sabres because everytime I do they loose. ;)

Running out of Timmy H. coffee?! That sounds like an emergency to me!!! ;)

Jessica

5:52 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Joanne M said...

There are Tim Horton's franchises nearby in Connecticut, RI, and Southeastern Mass! Everytime we travel from New Haven to Providence area, I make the non-coffee-drinking hubby stop at the halfway point - conveniently a Tim Horton's! Go Edmonton - give Roli a break - he had been doing well, he just had a bad minute or two where he let in 3 (!) goals! EEk... One more game... Zarzuela and I might be at odds if this *does* come down to an Oilers-Sabres match-up... Good luck with the socks I think they're lovely! (Noone else will notice the pattern difference, promise!)

12:23 PM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Joanne M said...

p.s. Port Perry??!? I used to spend time at my cousin's cottage on Lake Scugog as a kid... small world. :-)

5:19 PM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Deby said...

I have found a good way to cure 2nd sock syndrone. Buy an eatra set of needles and divide your yarn in 2 balls making sure to wind in same direction (center out or outer in). Work an inch or color stripe on one then do the other. TaDa your socks are done at same time and all is good in sock land. I always do this and love making socks now!

1:23 PM, June 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home