Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Ticker Tape and Game 7

Thanks to all of you for leaving comments on my posts of the last two rants days. If any of you readers have a problem with a bat Twiggy left a fishing net comment. Sounds like a great solution. We're headed to a sporting goods store this week for one, as LB was not lying in the road this morning. MFB must have only stunned him. Hard to really crank a good home run swing with a five foot broom while trying to save the furniture.

On to some knitting stash plans. I'm totally psyched about Kish's Ticker Tape purse pattern. I bought this about 5 months ago. I was at our local big chain craft store, and was enabling one of my knitting friends when these colors started whispering "texture, texture". Well I had to touch it and it felt like suede. I kid you not, felt like suede but it is nylon. Nope, wasn't going to buy it even though the display swatch in stockinette was beautiful. Then the enabling tables turned and my friend said it's on sale 50% off. Whoa. Sale? 50% off? I had no idea what I was going to make with it, but bought it anyway. Then last night I'm surfing around the blogosphere and I found Kish's pattern. I have a feeling this will be cast on before I have the other purse lining done.

Game 7 is in progress. Wow this game is wide open, but what's up with Carolina leading 2 nothing? Back to the game!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kish said...

That is a really retty color choice...I am anxious to see your work in progress :).

10:47 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger Joanne M said...

Mmm, feels like suede huh? Sounds fabulous! I've recovered from the game last night... Canada goes another year without the cup, but by the looks of many of the 'Canes players, that cup will be spending many of its days above the 49th parallel. :-)

1:48 PM, June 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I love this Ticker Tape, I can almost imagine its feel to the skin - and those colors! Yummy! Looking forward to seeing your work in progress, though I suppose when I'm back from vacation you'll already have it finished!
No comment to the last game in the finals, too depressing :((( *sobs her heart out*

2:17 AM, June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home