Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day

I was adopted by Canada several years ago when I married. Happy Canada Day friends and family!!! You're a long way away but we're thinking of you and we'll see you in a couple of weeks.

On my way home from my LYS today I thought I would take some shots of the local celebrities. First off, a bunch of adults and then a family.

This was around 3:00 this afternoon, there was a deer that had just walked cautiously into the same creek for a drink but I wasn't fast enough on the trigger. This is less than two miles from home, and it definitely overran its banks during the storm we had this past week.

Some friends of ours from the Toronto area were here Thursday night and we had a terrific visit. Being friends and being from Toronto they brought a care package which consisted of Canadian beer, chocolate, and two large tins of coffee. Yes our supply of Tim Horton's coffee has been replenished. Now keep in mind they came down on a motorcycle pulling a small trailer, storage space is a premium. That is friendship. They made it back to the American side of Niagara Falls on Friday and thankfully were able to avoid the tornado that hit the Buffalo area. Thanks B&B for your care package, your time to visit us during very shaky weather conditions and most importantly your friendship.

I've made great headway on the Snake Socks but the picture I took today looks strange, so I'm not posting it. Instead here is a shot of the cast on from last week of the Ticker Tape Purse pattern courtesy of Kish.

I went to the LYS today for some circular needles for the Topi Hat from Pieknits, and am going to cast on for that as soon as I'm done here. Of course while I was there I bought one skein of Sockotta yarn. You see there's this punch card and you have to spend a minimum amount for the punch and the yarn put me over it. Wanting a really pretty colorway more yarn had nothing to do with it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kish said...

I like the way the color is coming out in the Ticker Tape. What color Sockotta did you get? I am thinking of a trip to my LYS tomorrow :)

6:22 PM, July 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah the old "I didn't want yarn but I had to buy it" story.

Joann's, today only, had all Butterick patterns for 98 cents. I didn't want any but at that price, I had to buy them.

I want to try some Sockotta. I've heard good things about it. But in order to get it, I have to go to WEBS and, well, frankly, I can't get out of there with only a ball of sock yarn so I've been staying away.

7:24 PM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger Joanne M said...

I'm a bit homesick - my hubby and I went out to buy some Sleeman's yesterday at the store that carries it here in Boston... Hope you had a great Canada Day. :-)

6:33 PM, July 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home