Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Knitting, hockey and a letter

I'm almost done with Topi from Jen. I think it's cute, but I probably could have made it about 1/2 inch smaller in diameter. Jen replied to an email I sent her about the (edited July 6 DOH!) wholes holes I have at the cast on in the previous post and she had a solution for me, so I'll see how that works.

I'm a first time blood donor as of today. That laying still for 10-15mins without anything to do nearly made me nuts. If anyone can come up with a way to knit while having a pint of blood removed let me know. I was doing fine all day, but I gotta say in the last 1/2 hour I have not been able to stop yawning. Time for a coffee or two.

I know it's summer but allow me to comment on hockey for a moment. Stevie Y retired this week. As a die hard Colorado Avalanche fan, which makes me really dislike the Red Wings, I now have a huge smile on my face. In my mind Colorado and Detroit are huge rivals. As a die hard hockey fan, seeing Steve Yzerman leave the ice after such a terrific career is tough. I imagine he'll be heading to the Wings front office or maybe he'll be going to a broadcast career of some kind. Either way, I think he'll be a good ambassador for the sport.

This is a very off topic rant ramble: Why is it when I'm driving to work at 7:00am and the rain is pouring down bad enough that drivers are going 10 mph under the speed limit, I will pass or come up behind 1 out of every 10 cars without their headlights on? I even had my car's rear fog light on this morning for extra visibility.

A note to the gentleman driving the pickup that was drifting over the center lane towards me: when I flash my headlights at you, the appropriate response would have been to take your cell phone out of your hand turn your headlights on and return to your own lane. Continuing your conversation and giving me the one fingered salute with the hand that had been loosely controlling your pickup made you more careless than when I first tried to communicate that you were in the lane that my vehicle occupied. Luckily I had a wide shoulder to escape onto rather than a ditch.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Topi going to be felted? I really like the earthy colors.

10:02 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Peri said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:58 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Peri said...

I am such a blogger newbie! I intended to say initially, So much for the "Pennsylvanians are courteous drivers" comment I heard somewhere metropolitan in the last month...!

And for the record, I am sooo not worthy of Your Blogfulness! Most impressive! I am finally caught up from whence I left off. Now I must not fear posting new stuff of my own. Surely it will not be so witty or so knitty! ;-) heh. sorry. couldn't resist. :-D

11:02 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Kish said...

Ahh commuter traffic. I don't really have to deal with it as I am leaving the major city to go to work. I see the lines of traffic as I pass them all coming into the major city :). Every morning when I tell my BF to be careful on the way to work he says "It's not me you have to worry about, it's the other drivers." Anyway, I am loving the sock yarn! I made a little footy for when I have the cast one to cover my toes. Surgery is scheduled for July 14th. I know I am going to go insanely bored sitting on my rear for so long. Especially since it is my right foot and I won't be able to drive myself for at least 6 weeks. Thanks for the book suggestions, I am going to look them up right now.

11:22 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Sharon said...

Topi looks great.

Drivers are the same everywhere!!

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi, It is nice to meet new knitting bloggers :)

12:19 AM, July 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy! I can only imagine that these people are still asleep that early in the morning and thus forget turning their lights on - happened to me as well before, so shame on me :( Nowadays we got a new law requiring having the lights turned on days and nights - heavy fines if you'll forget - so that won't happen anymore I guess.
Sorry to see Steve Y go, but then again it's probably the best time for him to leave. I didn't particularly like the Red Wings either, but watching him play has always been something very special.

2:55 AM, July 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home