Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Birthday and travel

Today is my favorite and only brother's birthday. A girl couldn't ask for a better brother. We had our share of sibling spats but when I needed a big brother he was there. Ranging from helping me bury my cat when it died and Mom and Dad were out of town to walking me home after I tried to catch a hardball with a mouth full of braces instead of my baseball glove and helping Dad teach me how to ski. Happy Birthday Big Brother, I miss you.

MFB is currently taxiing up to the gate at the airport in Raleigh NC. He is going to follow Tropical Storm Ernesto up the East Coast and file some stories. His flight from State College to Philadelphia was delayed and then his connection from Philadelphia to Raleigh was delayed. He arrived at the local airport here at 3:00pm and landed in Raleigh at about 11:20pm. Yep, he's a little tired. He hopes to be home on Sunday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Barb's Brother!

Lucky you getting a weekend to do nothing but lay around and knit. Around here we're getting tons of rain this weekend so I will probably be doing the same thing around here.

10:46 AM, September 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to your brother - and yay for many, many more happy and good years!
And all the best to YFB - I hope he won't get himself into some dangerous situations!

3:26 AM, September 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home