Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Catching up

I just realized how busy we've been around here by seeing that I haven't posted for a week. But part of that is also because I have been doing more knitting than bloging. This is just a quick post before MFB and I head out of town for some mall shopping.

I have the knitting done on my Huggable Hedgehog. The pattern says to look for expected holes where I may need to add some individual knitted stitches and then have to weave in the ends - lots of ends. At that point I will be ready to felt. (If anyone reading this knows me personally they will tell you, yeah Accident Prone Knitter is putting this felting thing off, because she's never done it before and doesn't want to have another Accident.)

I started a toe up sock and am using Wendy's Toe Up Feather and Fan pattern. I'm using Knit Picks Dancing yarn with size 1 needles. Oh my gosh are they ever small needles. My friend Lori from my Thursday night knitting group showed me a different way to cast on toe up socks so that you don't need to use a provisional cast on and after a couple of trial and errors, it's working out great. Thanks Lori!

MFB used his new gas powered pressure washer to clean the deck and boardwalk yesterday and I was painting the trim inside the house. When MFB took a quick trip into town to pick up lumber for reworking the handrails on the boardwalk, a car in front of him kicked up part of a downed tree and it cracked the side view mirror on the Volvo. The mirror is still useable but it's shattered. Not looking forward to that estimate.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The same volvo that just got out of the hospital? What are you trying to do? Kill it?

I'm just now starting to get used to using size 1 needles for socks. Before the last couple pairs I never used the itsy bitsy yarn.

7:34 PM, August 13, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

Hey Barb, you'll enjoy this link. Glad the cast-on worked... http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/08/15/ugly.sheep.reut/index.html

11:12 AM, August 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the Huggable Hedgehog and hear if it's really that labor intensive. I checked it out on the Fiber Trends website and it's adorable.

9:14 PM, August 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nooo - is this the same Volvo that just had surgery a while ago? Oy!
I'm so looking forward to seeing pics of your projects, especially that little Hedgehog is going to be so cute, I just know this ;)

4:39 AM, August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home