Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Friday, September 08, 2006

What ?? WHAT??? I can't hear you!

A terrific Delbert McClinton concert last night but LOUD. Delbert had a two piece horn section on top of the usual keyboard, bass guitar, rhythm guitar and drummer. The whole drive home MFB and I were having to repeat anything we said because as we've aged lived our lives our eardrums appear to be living in fast forward (apologies to Kenny Chesney).

I wonder if Delbert has a new CD getting ready for release as there were some songs we hadn't heard before along with some of my favorites. He has such a repertoire that he can't cover everything. Here's a link to Amazon that has quite a few of my personal favorites that you can give a quick listen to if you haven't heard his stuff. He's Honky Tonk Blues and Rockabilly with fantastic ballads. My favorite song is I'm With You.

The opener was Ruut. That's her name - originally from Finland but has lived in the states for several years. I enjoyed her keyboards but her lyrics were a little angst ridden for my taste. (I'm not a fan of Alanis Morissette either) But I've certainly heard worse opening acts. She told us her web site address, but when I go there it's a suspended page. Very beautiful young woman - but MFB didn't care much for her music either - just not our style of music.

MFB and I are at home today. He's working from home and I took the day off - he just walked by me and said "My ears are still ringing!" LOL

If any of you want a concert experience with a terrific band and a singer/songwriter who knows how to pace a concert and mix his music selections from ballad to driving rock and who can hold an audience in his hand, run don't walk to a Delbert McClinton concert.

(Disclaimer: I am by no means a music critic)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time. I've never heard of either musician. Of course, my musical tastes do tend to lean toward Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon. I'm stuck in a time warp.

6:03 PM, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for telling us about Delbert McClinton - I haven't heard of him before, but I'll make sure to check him out!
CM has been a musician for many years (hardrock, argh!) in our earlier times together, and mind you, we both realize now that we're pretty loud when we're talking normally to each other - all these headbanging into the boxes obviously has left its traces ;)

1:54 AM, September 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home