Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

First Fetching

I have a feeling I'll be making more of these. I really enjoyed doing the cables. I wore them on the drive in today but they're a little slippery on the steering wheel. I wore them a little at work when the air conditioner wouldn't stop blowing straight down on me. They are so nice and comfy.


Pattern: Fetching by Cheryl Niamath
Yarn: Zephyr by Jagger Spun 50% Chineese Tussah Silk 50% Merino Wool
Needles: 3.75mm dpn
Technique: cables sans cable needle I did a regular cast off rather than a picot edge (bad knitter)
August 26 - Sept 1

I've also made progress on my Feather and Fan socks. I'm past the heel on the second sock and about eight rows up on the lace pattern so I'm farther along than what the picture shows.

Serious wife points have been scored. I got hooked up for a couple of tickets to Delbert McClinton. One of our very favorites. So after work tomorrow MFB and I head to Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts in Harrisburg. We've seen him here twice before and even though it's going to be a fast road trip and a late night, we know the music will make the trip worth while. Let's see, concert starts at 8:00 should be over around 11:00 then about a two hour drive home.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work on Fetching. The more I see it, the more I like the pattern.

Woohoo on the wife points. Just think of all the good stuff you can trade them in for. "Honey, I don't want to cook tonight, why don't you stop for take out on the way home?" or "Sweet'ums, I'm so tired, can you run a load of dishes?" or "Pookiebear, I really need enough cashmere yarn for that Michael Kors pattern in the fall Vogue Knitting that I want to knit for my wonderful blog friend, Twig" (who would wear the small size, btw, and deep green or white would be fine)

11:26 PM, September 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Wow!!! Your Fetchings look... well... perfect! Fantastic work - and yep, I agree, this pattern IS addicting, I'm also out to make a second pair of them... and a third... ;) Your socks are coming along very nicely too, I so love this pattern!
Have fun with McClinton!

4:11 AM, September 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Fetchings look beautiful! What a great looking yarn.

11:55 AM, September 07, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Oooh... very nice Fetching! I really need to post about mine today. The socks look great too! Way to go! :)

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

9:37 AM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger Martina said...

Fetching is a fun knit isn't it. You did a good job! I was thinking of trying a pair with silk...What does the Jaeger mis x knit like?

7:15 AM, September 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home