Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Finished Object Update

Mr. Hedgie is finally finished! I had planned on embroidering his eyes and nose but it looked horrible so I bought some buttons. Don't worry he's mine he's not going into the hands of a baby so there's no danger of a little one swallowing them. Darn, but this little guy was difficult to capture with a decent photo but I finally managed it.

Pattern: Huggable Hedgehog by Fiber Trends
Yarn: Body with Lamb's Pride Worsted 85% Wool/15% Mohair 1 skein Sandy Heather
Tips of Paws with 10 yards of unknown - Molly at Knitters Underground gave it to
me Thanks Molly)
Fur with Park by FFF 2 1/2 balls color code 37
Stuffing: Standard issue poly fiberfill
August 5 - September 7.

I cast on for another pair of socks because I finished these:

Pattern: Wendy's Generic Toe Up Feather and Fan Socks by Wendy D. Johnson (aka Wendy Knits)
Yarn: Knit Picks Dancing color code either 64030 or 23593 41% Cotton 39% Wool 13% Nylon and 7% Elastic.
Needles: Chiao Goo Bamboo dpns size 1 6 inch (broke one and had to get them replaced)
August 12 - September 9

The only football I kept up with over the weekend were two games the first of course was the Penn State Nittany Lions at Notre Dame. Let's move on shall we. The second game was the Denver Broncos at the St Louis Rams. Again - moving on. OK OK yes my team lost. Yes the Denver Bronco offense embarrassed themselves. If you didn't see the Bronco game and just look at the score you'll think the Broncos were a lot better than they were. Don't let it fool you - the Rams offense wasn't very good either but at least they didn't turn the ball over on fumbles and interceptions the way the Broncos did. In a nutshell it was an ugly football game on both sides of the ball.

Tomorrow is of course September 11th and the 5th year anniversary. A time for reflection probably for most of us, myself included. I'm always sad on September 11th but the day also reminds me to live each day to the fullest. Take care everyone.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's definitely a huggable fellow. :)

8:44 PM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger Peri said...

Handsome Hedgie! Superb socks! Way to knit some awesome-lookin' stuff, lady! :-)

I feel bad for my mother -- today's her birthday, now forever the day before Sept. 11. (At least it's not on the same day....) And of course she was a fourth-grade teacher in Shanksville (site of United Flight 93), so Sept. 11 is always fraught with emotion for her.

I agree -- carpe diem. We should never forget the past, but I hope this fifth anniversary helps us to move on a bit more and not dwell on the sadness and what was lost. We can gain by doing what you said -- remembering to live each day to the fullest! :-)

8:56 PM, September 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute is that!

10:06 PM, September 10, 2006  
Blogger Joanne M said...

That is the cutest FO ever! He's adorable (and a perfect mascot in your profile page). :-)

10:57 PM, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Hedgie is just perfect, what a sweet little cutie! You really did an amazing job with it, and I so love your socks too - lovely colors indeed!

5:56 AM, September 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Hedgie is so cute! The picture turned out very well.

11:52 AM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger Deby said...

Your hedgehog came out soooo good! It makes me want to add it to my to-do list that is way to long now!
I also love your socks.

5:46 PM, September 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home