Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Another scarf started

I tried I really did. I went back to the LYS and tried to fall in like with the feel of the Manos yarn, but I couldn't. I fully intended to come home with it, but instead came home with this. It's Mondial Venere color #562. I'm making the Herringbone Rib Scarf from Li at Life's a Stitch. I found Li from Beth at Stuck on Socks. If you like my hedgehog, go check out Beth's. Here's my progress so far.

The yarn I'm using is a little bulkier than the Manos and so I left out one pattern repeat. I'm not sure if this will end up being mine or if I am donating it to an auction fundraiser for the Penn State Hockey team. I've only got a couple of weeks to finish it and see if it will block out properly. It's 55% merino and 45% acrylic, so I'm concerned about the blocking.

Speaking of hockey, Penn State won their first game of the regular season against Washington & Jefferson tonight and tomorrow they play Robert Morris. The Leafs lost to Montreal in a shootout and the Avalanche were off.

Physical therapy is going well and the pain is certainly less. The worst part of PT is after the exercises the therapist puts a compression boot around my foot which is then filled with ice water. It's on my foot for about 15 minutes. The best part of PT is that I get to knit when that is going on and it keeps my mind off the cold.

Weather was gorgeous here today, and looking across the street there were about seven wild turkeys in the field. The turkeys reminded me Monday is Thanksgiving. In Canada.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a nice looking scarf pattern and the yarn seems to be great for it.

12:18 AM, October 08, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Like that herringbone rib, and the yarn is nice too. Would look great on socks. Looks like knitting is good for more than one kind of therapy! Glad your mending well!

12:29 AM, October 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a fun scarf. Good to hear the physical therapy is going well. 15 minutes in ice must be hard to endure, but if it helps get rid of the pain, it's worth it. I hope you can get rid of the pain completely in a short time.

1:59 AM, October 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the colorway of that yarn - it definetly has more varigation than the manos- excelent choice. Hope it turns out the way you want, blocking and such.

11:44 AM, October 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so pretty! I know. We try to fall for the yarn we're supposed to, but then we run off with a smooth pettable one. Alas.

PT sounds hellish. At least you can knit.

3:30 PM, October 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, that yarn is delicious! It looks so soft and cozy and warm - just perfect for the Herringbone Rib Scarf - I've always loved this pattern by the way, it's high up on my "Have.To.Knit.Or.Die" list - looking forward to seeing how yours is going to turn out!
Yay for Penn State - the Leafs and Avs obviously didn't have that great a start into the season, but hey, there's a couple more games to come ;)
It's so good to hear that your therapy is going fine and you're already feeling the first positive results! All the very best to you!

1:18 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Beth said...

That yarn is so pretty! Autumnal colors with a hint of blue sky. :)

12:01 PM, October 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new yarn!

5:22 PM, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home