Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Catching Up

Allow me to express my heartfelt thanks to all of you who have wished me well for my therapy on my foot. I so appreciate your warm wishes. An update to all this will follow my knitting update.

Thank you to all of you on the compliments on the round dishcloth. I was pleased with how it turned out, and so quick.

Did I say knitting update? Now what I have is serious knitting frustration.

Here's why, yes the Pomatomous socks are turning out pretty nice which surprised the heck out of me. But here's the pattern that has seriously kicked my arse to the curb. I have ripped this Horseshoe Pattern Dishcloth out four times. It is currently ripped out and in a time out for who knows how long. What's up? I have an accounting background via work experience not educational wise. Knitting patterns like this are mathematical logic, right? Am I ready to do a lace shawl when a dishcloth pattern has made me say Uncle? Probably not. I'm so not worthy, YET. No dishcloth pattern is going to defeat me. Right? Stay tuned, the distracted humbled> determined knitter will soon attack this project and make IT say Knitter. (keeping my fingers crossed)

While at Ava's blog the other day I saw a beautiful stitch design for what is My So Called Scarf where she provided a link to the pattern. It's beautiful and looks almost like woven material. It calls for Manos Del Uruguay and I found some at one of my two LYS's. The feel of it though is just a tiny bit itchy for me and so I looked around some and found some Mountain Colors yarn that felt so smooth and the colors are gorgeous. I didn't buy any, YET. I'm going to brave the Penn State football traffic as soon as I'm done here, and go the 8 miles to my other LYS and see what they might have and then make a decision. This will be my main scarf this winter and I want to make sure I have the perfect yarn. I know with this stitch pattern that the stitch will probably do all the work but the variegated yarns in both blogs are really calling to me. By the way, did you see how many projects Ava has on the go? Wow.

Two knitters came out to our Thursday night group this week after seeing the article in the paper. Lori showed up with this in the recycled silk version - beautiful and I want it, but because I take my knitting to hockey games I have this. However, because it's round, it's cumbersome. I need something like this if someone spills a hot chocolate or coke.

For a quick update;
Short story version is I'm back to PT on Tuesday morning.

Long story version: I went to the therapist and after our evaluation appointment she instructed me she wouldn't start therapy until after I was cleared by my family doctor as the therapist was concerned that I had signs indicative of possible blood clots in my legs. My doctor brought me in for an appointment a few hours later and set me up for an ultrasound study of veins and arteries at 7:30 that night. Diagnosis is I'm A-OK!! A big shout out to my ultrasound tech who during the hour and a half long test, laying flat on my bad back thank you, she was personable and friendly. She was second shift at the hospital, and had already done nine STAT tests before starting mine. Twenty minutes into my test (with my nips and bits darn near exposed) someone called the exam room asking her to stop my test and run one that a doctor wanted her to drop everything to do, she told them no and to contact her supervisor if that was not satisfactory. They called her back 15mins later and said the doctor said his could wait till the next shift came in. I appreciated her standing up to them for my sake. I was at PT at 7:00am, then work, then doctor, then work till 7:00pm, hospital at 7:30pm, and arrived home at about 9:30pm, had she done what the doctor originally demanded, once she was done with the other study she would have had to start all over on mine. I appreciate the hard working, sometimes underappreciated, people in the medical profession.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hope your leg is getting better. Sorry I missed knitting group but got involved in something for work. This too will end soon. I am thrilled to hear about 2 new knitters. Did anyone get their names and emails for the group email list? See you soon.

6:55 PM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

You can make that dishcloth say Knitter! I know you can! :)

Glad things are going well with your leg. Isn't it nice when someone actually thinks of the patient for a change?

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

10:39 AM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad there were no blood clots! Hope you got some meds to endure the pain. Take care of yourself!

Back to the knit factory...

2:43 PM, October 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a long day. Glad the test came out ok. I'm sure you'll teach that dish cloth who's boss.

6:42 PM, October 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home