Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Do you love ice hockey?

I do and my team is the Colorado Avalanche. You may hear them referred to as the Av's or the Lanche. MFB's team is the Toronto Maple Leafs. As long as our teams don't play against one another we've been known to root for the other's team. Olympics are a different story and it can get a little ugly chippy here at Chez Accident with my chants of USA, USA and his of Go Canada Go, but that's what keeps life interesting. Along with the two NHL teams, you'll also hear me talk about the Penn State University Icers. MFB does play by play for that team.

Where am I going with all this? Look at what I did. I just joined my first knitalong. That's right it's the Hockey Knitter's Knitalong. Thanks to Lesley for putting the knitalong together and there's already a few of us there. We're knitting for charity and since hockey has about 84 games for each team during the season we'll be doing this through March. If you're interested, check it out.

Last night was the first night of the regular season, the Leafs lost to Ottawa and then it was time for the Av's to take on Dallas. At the end of the first period the Av's were up 2-0, I went to bed as it was around 11:00pm here, I'm in PA. I thought it would be safe, but no I woke up this morning and Dallas won 3-2 in overtime. Heavy sigh. As MFB said about Toronto's loss, it's only the first game. Both our teams are playing right now, he's in the den watching his game and I'm watching mine in the other room. It's 5-0 for the Leafs and my Av's are down 1 nothing.

I cast on my first KAL project last night and it's a Seaman's Cap from the 2005 Pattern a Day Calendar. I'm using Red Heart Super Saver in the Aspen Print colorway. I've never made a hat before and I'm thinking this pattern isn't too challenging - I've probably just jinxed myself. The pattern is perfect for a little guy and the colors are right. My plan is to knit for some local charities.

Good luck to everyone's team.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched that game last night. The Avs *were* looking like they'd have it, then BOOM in just a few minutes the Stars tied it and it went to overtime. Good thing you didn't stay up or you would have ended up waking up YFB by yelling at the tv.

10:11 PM, October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scooore ;) Gosh, I'm still so excited about the Hockey KAL! As for the Avs, heaven knows why but I hadn't realized that they have Joe Sakic playing for them - Joe Sakic!!!! Now, that's a guarantee for success, ain't it? That guy was one of my faves during the Olympics this year, what a shot he has! How cool he is! (And how good he looks ;) Yay!
Well - never expect your team to win, even if it seems like that - hockey's too fast a game for any expectations whatsoever! But as YFB said it, it was only the first game, there's a heap more to come for the guys to prove where they stand!

4:04 AM, October 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb--that is so cool about the knit-a-long! My husband is from Colorado! I have an Avalanche jersey! My daughter is in Colorado right now for the Navy/AirForce game! Love the scarf--how do you like the Trekking yarn?

11:03 PM, October 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go AVs!! Lanche? Never heard that one *L*. I'm in the same situation with my brother in Toronto. When the Avs and Leafs play each other, the emails start flying! The only thing that would improve the Avs? Forsberg, Foote, Blake, Hinote, Drury, Roy, etc. etc. They can all come "home" at any time.

5:25 PM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger Joanne M said...

Good for you on joining the KAL... maybe I'll join for the second hockey season (playoffs). I didn't do very well during my first KAL (summer of socks)...

10:24 AM, November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home