Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Can I go home now?

Paraskavedekatriaphobia (bonus points if you can pronounce it), or better known as The Fear of Friday the 13th.

I really don't have any phobias, but when one of my friends experienced car troubles this morning and then told me it was Friday the 13th - bacause duh, I hadn't realized it yet, I asked "Why in the world did I get out of bed this morning?" (I paraphrased - a little)

If anybody orders DUCK off the menu at dinner tonight, you know I'm diving under the table. I'm going to a game where there are warnings of "loose pucks may enter the stands."

Heavy sigh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pronouncing it isn't going to happen.

11:21 AM, October 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For as hideously superstitious as I am (I look for meaning in license plates, for crying out loud) Friday the 13th means nothing to me.

5:49 PM, October 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I just broke my tongue with trying to spell that word ;=) Hockey games on Friday 13th... well, ours here went very well, so - fingers crossed! ;)

3:55 PM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

I hope you got through the day unskathed. My Mom was born on Friday the 13th and always says that Saturday the 14th is her bad day. LOL!

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

8:29 AM, October 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home