Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

It's Here, It's Here, finally It's Here


"It" is this and I'm so sorry for the quality of the picture but if you surf over to Three Dog Designs and click on Architectural Interest you will see a true representation of this wonderful knitting bag that finally arrived.

MFB ordered this for me and the delivery was parcel post. When it had been seven business days with no arrival he sent Holly at Three Dog Designs an email asking for some info. She was very concerned as she handcrafts her bags and as she said it was comparable to putting her child on the bus and the child not showing up at the intended destination. She contacted the post office who told told her that they were not required to trace the package until after nine business days. We now see the definition of "Snail Mail". Holly showed great concern, care and provided excellent customer service including stating that if we didn't receive it by Friday she would refund us and if it showed up we could keep it free of charge. Had that happened we would have arranged to pay her when it got here. I knew she was reliable as one of my friends received two of her bags already.

On top of the excellent customer service, ladies I have to tell you if you want a gorgeous affordable knitting bag with lots of extras check them out. I'm using this as a combo knitting bag and purse and I still have room. Not to mention that I have my knitting needles sticking straight up so that if someone trys to swipe my wallet they will have a pointed reminder why stealing is wrong.

On to sports for a moment. My Denver Broncos lost to the Colts today but a good thing happened; the Broncos offense showed up for the game. The Broncos defense was ranked #1 going into the game and of course the Colts who are undefeated have the #1 ranked offense. I sat down to watch the game thinking I would not be able to hold my head high at work on Monday. I was wrong, the offense showed a marked improvement and if they can continue to improve we may have a good season.

Moving to hockey our Penn State Icers won both their games against Ohio Bobcats. This is a true rivalry between the teams with the Icers ranked #3 and Ohio #4 going into the weekend. We saw two great games both from the teams and officiating.

Under the category of "Stupidest thing I saw over the weekend" A woman brought her small dog into the hockey arena and would not accept that dogs were not allowed in the building because it wasn't posted. What kind of dog owner brings a dog into a cold, LOUD hockey arena and not have the grace to accept the building management request to remove the dog. Come on lady, give a care for your dogs nerves why don't you.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grrrr...My girls would have been scared of the noise. I would never try to bring them to a hockey game, whether it was posted or not. I scare Shelby as it is when I watch it at home.

Nice bag. I'm jealous.

10:50 PM, October 29, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Great bag! :) Oh yeah, I ended up with the speaker phone chic on my train the other day! I had to laugh only because I had read your blog the day before.

And as for the idiot with the dog, did she really think the dog was interested in the game or what?! ;)

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

9:20 AM, October 30, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Hasn't she ever heard the one: "I went to fight and a hockey game broke out"? Thanks for the info on Three Dog Designs! Nice!

11:39 AM, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But it's all about her and not her dog, the other patrons etc. People like that make me want to poke them with a knitting needle.

Nice bag! And great customer service.

1:34 PM, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your Blog....really love your knitting bag.
Holly

4:07 PM, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb--howya been? Yes, the Broncos loss was a hard one. My 10 year old, took off his Jake Plummer jersey and threw it on the ground in disgust. I explained that they played great and he just stared. Hey, started the Pomatomus sock....yikes.....I might need help.

5:40 PM, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This seems to be the perfect knitting bag indeed - plenty of room in it for all the smaller and bigger items a knitter needs, and still space left for everything else! And apart from that, it's absolutely beautiful too!
I can't believe what people are thinking at times - or if they're thinking at all! Bringing a small dog into the ice hall? Now, how stupid can one get? I also always get the horrors when I see people bringing small babies along too - how in all the world could they do that? Do they think their babies enjoy all that noise and sound and freezing their little backs off? Gosh...

1:55 AM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

wouldn't that be considered "Pooch Abuse" REPORT THEM...:)

2:45 PM, November 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home