Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Herringbone Rib Scarf is finished


I haven't had many any pictures of my knitting in quite a while due to the lack of light when I get home. The other day I took my camera to work and during a break I was able to capture a couple shots of the scarf that I donated to the Icers Booster Club as an item for their 2nd annual Silent Auction to benefit the Penn State Icers Hockey Team. This is a club team and as such they don't get nearly the funding from the university that the football or basketball teams do. The funds the booster club raises every year supplements the team budget for travel, lodging, meals, equipment, uniforms, tutors and whatever else the team needs.

This is Mondial Venere color #562 and took 4 balls. 55% Merino and 45% acrylic. The pattern is Herringbone Rib Scarf from Li at Life's a Stitch. I really enjoyed the pattern and this was my first time working on a thick and thin yarn. I didn't get the chance to measure the width or length of the finished scarf. I modified the pattern just a bit by leaving off one of the pattern repeats.

I just had to show you this close up as this scarf has been a dickens to capture.

The auction was last night and it was a wine and cheese affair. Two members of the booster club also donated their handcrafted items and theirs were for the live auction. One item was a stained glass window with the Penn State mascot and the other was a quilted Icers wall hanging. I found it a little nerve wracking to see if anyone would even bid on the scarf in a silent auction, I wonder how my friends felt to see their items, which took much more talent than mine to craft, bid on in a live auction. It was terrific fun and I suspect that we at least matched if not surpassed the funds raised at last year's event. The scarf was bid on and went to a very nice home!

Thanks so much for the pattern Li, I have a feeling #2 will be for me, I may even have the perfect yarn that just showed up. So, to be continued....

9 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Nice scarf and for a great cause too! Nice to see you made it back in one piece ;)

8:46 PM, November 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How pretty! I'll bet it brought in lots of money, and rightly so!

10:16 PM, November 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks good! I really like the closeup of it for the details of pattern and color.

Here's hoping you surpassed the matching funds.

10:26 PM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Gorgeous! Of course I am biased. Really those are very nice photos.
Li

11:07 PM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger Martina said...

Love the scarf!! What's this about talent? Don't doubt your talent!

12:27 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Beth said...

It turned out great! And I think it looks plenty wide enough even with one less pattern repeat.

3:36 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Great scarf!! Congrats on getting bids too. It is always interesting to see how people value handmade items.

Jessica

6:07 PM, November 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This scarf is absolutely amazing! The colors are to die for, and it looks so soft and fluffy and cozy - yummy! The cause you're donating it for is of course the perfect one - I hope it brought in a heap of money!

5:01 AM, November 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

8:32 AM, November 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home