Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wow

When I came home tonight there was a box sitting outside the front door and it was addressed to MFB. Surprising? Not in the least. I mean we don't have packages delivered every week mind you, but this time of year when he needs things for his broadcasting one never knows. The box was very light weight and the return address said something about a Navy building. So I'm thinking Navy? ??!?? I set it on the counter and didn't think anything about it.

I go about some light domestic chores and MFB gets home about 10minutes later bearing our favorite Chinese takeout for dinner. He hands me the box and to paraphrase says it's for me.

Isn't that a terrific picture?
How about this one?The gift wasn't someone's knitting it was thenew camera to take the pictures with! The first picture is with flash and it definitely added color. This is the Noro Kujaku that I am making an evening purse out of and the second picture shows truly what this purse will look light in the low light of say a company Christmas party.

I've wanted a new camera for quite awhile. Yep - I'm definitely spoiled. Thanks honey it's a spectacular birthday present. I didn't mention before this but it's my birthday this weekend.

So this is the weekend I'm in Rhode Island with the giver of the perfect birthday present. We leave tomorrow after work. As I've whined about mentioned before I have some angst about Rhode Island. We think my actually going will turn the tide on the fact that my middle name is Bill, as in Doctors Bill.

OK friends - if I have not posted a new entry say by Tuesday night one might consider that either the Ski Patrol or the Coast Guard should be notified. That should cover all elevations, no?

Drat I just spent the whole evening getting to know my new camera and I still haven't renewed my driver's license or packed. Off to the website to renew my DL because when I stopped by the licensing bureau the other day I was told they don't actually renew them there, you have to do it on line or via mail. I mean really, a DL office and you can't renew? I won't start on that issue. I'm too busy smiling.

Everyone have a safe and fantastic weekend.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! That's a great gift. You have a keeper there.

Have a safe trip!

12:47 AM, November 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and congratulations on your fabulous gift!

2:29 AM, November 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is so exciting! A new Camera! Happy Birthday! I do hope you enjoy your little excursion to RI pain free and yarnful. I'll be looking forward to hearing about your journey :)

6:37 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Martina said...

Have a great birthday!!

7:12 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" :) Have a great time in RI....visit a yarn shop for me....and what a wonderful man you have living with you...lol...:) The camera is a great and thoughtful gift.
Travel safe...Hugs....

8:49 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Happy Birthday! Get out! Your mid name is Bill? That is so cool! Now you can well document your trip!

10:50 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Ok. I seriously thought for a second that you had gotten glow in the dark yarn. I think I need sleep!!!

Hope you have a great birthday! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you return unscathed!

Jessica

8:21 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy, Happy birthday to you! You will love that camera...I an one that is about a 1 year older model. Fabulous photos! And the purse is looking wonderful. Was in Rosie's Yarn Cellar in Philadlephia yesterday and they had a bunch of that Noro yarn...some in your colorway and some in others. Hope this weekend was tons of fun!

12:58 PM, November 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome present! Have fun!

10:35 PM, November 17, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Have fun with the new camera, and be careful in RI! (not sure I posted properly the first time)

12:44 AM, November 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you - may all your dreams and wishes will come true in this new year of yours! And do have a wonderful time in RI with YFB, doing lots and lots of pics with your amazing new toy! Wow, that's a truly great camera, photos pics of your trip!

7:54 AM, November 18, 2006  
Blogger Peri said...

Happy birthday, Barb! I hadn't read this post when we chatted on Wednesday, or I would have said so then. I hope you had a safe, fun, un-catastrophic-eventful birthday weekend in RI! :-)

10:38 AM, November 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home