Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Break on Through

To paraphrase Jim Morrison and The Doors I finally Broke on Through to The Other Side. The other side of my knitting block to be exact.

With thanks to all my knitting friends out here for their support and understanding, I finished my two hats I hadn't been working on for our local charity. Our knitting group has a get together at Kim's house tomorrow night where we are turning in our projects and I have two. I know two doesn't sound like much but I've never made hats before and so this is an accomplishment for me. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

Speaking of breaking through, MFB's Maple Leafs finally broke their 6 game losing streak last night by defeating Tampa Bay 5-4. He didn't see the game as he was playing hockey.

My Avalanche are on their second game of a 3 game home stand and they won their first game on Monday night by defeating the Hurricanes 5-2. That was a late night for me. At this very moment they are playing St Louis and leading 3-1 4-1 in the 3rd period. They really need to win these 3 straight as they are not sitting pretty in the NW.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got out of the knitting funk. I was there not too long ago and it's not fun. I kept thinking I wanted to knit but I wasn't properly enthused enough about anything to knit anything.

1:28 AM, December 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two is two more than they would have gotten! Sheesh.

Knitting ennui finally gone, eh?

Maple Leafs? Maple Leafs? This is a name for a hockey team? Why not Puff Balls? Oh, I crack myself up.

2:38 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Congrats on the hats! I'm sure they will be appreciated. :)

Jessica

3:14 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Glad your teams are on and your knitting too! 2 Is not a bad number! Ever! That's 2 heads that will now be warm because of your efforts...that rocks and so do you!

8:07 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the hats!

10:57 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Go Leafs Go!!!!!!!

5:44 AM, December 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are looking up!
Good for you with "Knitting on through to the other side...." :)
The hats are great - and for a great cause!

10:50 AM, December 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home