Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ringing in 2007

Wishing you all a healthy and the Happiest of New Years.

We're in South Bend, Indiana at this weekend where MFB was broadcasting some hockey games for the Fighting Irish. We're headed home to Pennsylvania in the morning.

The concierge at the hotel we're staying at directed us to Le Peep a favorite of ours and we had a terrific brunch. I overheard a brief conversation from an adjoining table where someone said something like "can you imagine your mother knitting?"

After our excellent meal we drove off and thought we'd explore a little before we needed to be at the Joyce Center. Driving past the College Football Hall of Fame I pulled out my notes of the yarn store I had found on the web before we embarked on this trip. Michigan Street. Same as Le Peep. So we backtracked and wouldn't you know it - the yarn store was right next door to the restaurant!!! Le Sigh. There are so many things I could say about this. #1 I have egg on my face. (I didn't have eggs for brunch - he did) #2 Whaa?? I couldn't smell the wool? (I have a nasty head cold) Not sure if it's a good thing that the store was closed.

I'm not really one to reflect on things a lot, I'm a big fan of the Eagles and their song Take it Easy. But we seriously wish you all the very Happiest of New Years.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Barb & YFB. Drive home safely.

3:23 AM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Carol said...

A Happy New Year to you and "Y"FB! I love the Eagles too! Funny, when the girls were very young, I call my house the "Home of the Fighting Irish". Luckily, those days are gone.

8:53 AM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Happy 2007 to you Barb! All the best wishes for a safe, happy and healthy year.

8:55 AM, January 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You couldn't smell the wool? You're slipping! hahahaha

Here's to a very happy new year, full of much knitterly goodness.

And here's hoping that the Avs can at least make it to the playoffs.

11:41 AM, January 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounded like a blast :)
Still a bit confused by the egg on the face thing, but que sera!

Have the Happiest of New Years, full of yarn and all things wooly :)

1:08 PM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Martina said...

Happy New year!

6:31 PM, January 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the Eagles rock big time - and so does hockey, I'm still drooling over the pics!
Happy New Year!

2:25 AM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Kathleen said...

My son Mickey sobbed when the Broncos lost. I told him you shared his sadness. Too bad, huh.
Happy New Year! (January 1st was my b-day!)

1:07 PM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Sorry you didn't get to do much in the way of yarn shopping but it sounds like you had a good time nonetheless. Have a Happy New Year! :)

Jessica

3:20 PM, January 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A yarn store close is a great thing. Even if the 'close' route was a bit circuitous.

That mouse has to starve before it can lay a paw on the yarn. The idea.

I can't imagine my mother knitting. Or my grandmother, for that matter.

Happy New Year!

10:03 PM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Joanne M said...

Glad you were able to get the Timmy's coffee on the way home! Happy New Year!

p.s. Painful to watch Mats playing with the high school kids last weekend. *sigh*

10:39 PM, January 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been tagged!
check my blog :)

5:58 PM, January 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home