Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Chalkboard anyone?

Last week my friend Twig kindly sent me by Mason Dixon Knitting's December 14 post to look at their "My So Called Mini Tutorial" as the post reminded her of our experience back in November when I thought I could help her with the My So Called Scarf pattern.

I glanced at the post as we're all so busy these days. Well I just now sat down with needles in hand and yarn at my side. I have been knitting this scarf off and on for over a month now using two strands of Trekking from the same skein and am now on my second skein.

I've ripped this scarf out once. I just discovered I have done the bloody thing wrong again but hopefully not to the detriment of the scarf.

Row 1 says: "K1 Sl 1" etc...well I slip it knitwise they say purlwise.
Row 2 says: "...purl the first stitch again...." I purl the first stitch on the right they purl the first stitch on the left ....Luckily Kay says Row 2 works either way, thank goodness.

I swear I am not ripping this thing out again. Learning to live with the mistake is ok.

Heah Twig! Thanks again, you're a real pal *laugh*.

Pardon me while I go find a chalkboard to write 100 times "I will not rip this scarf out".

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very welcome. *giggle*

This whole thing has made me pretty sure that I'm not going to attempt that scarf -- and if I do, I'm certainly not going to tell anyone. heheheh

11:22 PM, December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, now, how complicated does that sound?! Okay, that's one scarf pattern ticked off of my list, I think I'd never have the patience trying my hands at it... ;( Yay for you, girl!

1:43 PM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

That would just make me cry.

1:52 PM, December 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not mistakes. Design re-interpretations.

2:12 PM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Thanks! I have to do something with that novelty stuff:)

10:26 PM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Barb--you crack me up!! No, the Broncos helmut definitely stays...I am just lucky they don't put the REAL one up as we are the lucky recipients of an authentic team Broncos helmut. My son tells everyone that it was John Elway's practice helmut...maybe? And according to some in my family, he may be the Second Coming...so better to hedge my bets!

12:15 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Ok--me again..just realizing that I kept spelling "helmet" as "helmut" like that German photographer?? Helmut Newton was his name?? Just made me laugh again. And the Second Coming thing..that was referring to John ELway and definitely not my son!!

12:17 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Charity said...

Grrrrr! Do not rip the scarf out. (Though you might need some backup).

By the way, do you have a good sock pattern for intarsia socks? :0)

1:15 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Deby said...

You have been TAGGED my friend. Visit my blog to see directions!
Knitiot

1:14 PM, December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home