Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Actual Knitting Content

Back in January I had a post about a shopping expedition while on a road trip to Delaware. This was a day where looking for a yarn store I ended up taking my friends from Newark Delaware to Maryland and Pennsylvania when the yarn store ended up being less than 5 miles from our hotel. I've mentioned the initials GPS here, eh?
OK, so on that trip I picked up my first ever skein of Lorna's Laces. I fell in love with the colors of the yarn and then a couple months ago I saw the Yarn Harlot's One Row Scarf pattern. I cast on for the scarf right before leaving for Arizona and this was my travel project. One of my friends favorite color is periwinkle and we got together for dinner tonight where I surprised her with the scarf. I love the texture of the pattern and of course the yarn is really lovely to the touch.

(There's your provenance Peri)

It's COLD here, ya'll stay warm.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

I have that colourway! I love Lorna's Laces...

6:44 AM, April 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so skeptical about LL before I bought my first skein. I love it. You should get some more and make socks out of it. Your feet will love you!

11:16 AM, April 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that scarf! I saw it on the Harlot's site, however I think her choice of color turned me off a bit..but in your colorway, It's definitely grown on me. Good job :)2

4:38 PM, April 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty scarf!
My first socks were made with Lorna's Lace and they didn't hold up too well, but socks take a lot of abuse. I think the scarf will work out beautifully. :)

8:00 PM, April 06, 2007  
Blogger Carol said...

That is gorgeous! Nicely done. Stay warm? Like I have a choice ;-)

10:14 AM, April 07, 2007  
Blogger Carol said...

Sometimes things just get away from us. We gotta do what we can when we can :)

12:42 PM, April 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh - this is the most beautiful scarf, and the most beautiful yarn! Really, the colours of the yarn remind me of summer, sun, ocean and all those goodies, and the pattern of the scarf is such a beautiful one! Perfect indeed! Gosh, I think I'll have to get myself some skeins of Lorna's Laces too, all the praise I read about it makes me really curious!

1:29 AM, April 08, 2007  
Blogger Peri said...

So it took me forever to locate my username and password for Blogger, but I'm finally able to say THANK YOU for the very pretty, soft scarf! :-D

Thanks, too, for a lovely dinner out. I'm glad we got it in before YFB's DUI (Dastardly Unfortunate Incident). heh. ;-) Hey, at least he timed his fall for after the bulk of this year's black ice! Otherwise, he'd need crutch tips with spikes!

OK, OK, enough wise-cracking ... tell him to get well soon!!

1:03 PM, April 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Periwinkle is one of my favorites, too. You did a beautiful job!

2:40 PM, April 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home