Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Batteries Recharging

Writers Block? Nah ... OK well, maybe. Twig sent me an email yesterday checking in on me and as I told her I was looking for inspiration for a post. I haven't acknowledged any comments or read any of my friends blogs. Baaad Blogger. Sorry friends.

So last night I sat down to download photos from the camera and the rechargeable batteries died in the middle of the process. Ahhhhh...inspiration. Cell phone is two years old and the battery won't hold a charge. Last time I wanted to use the bluetooth the battery was dead. Sunday I needed my Palm Pilot to take with us to make notes at MFB's favorite store, and it was - you guessed it- so dead the thing wouldn't even turn on. My internal battery has been in the same condition, seriously in need of a recharge. It seems to happen to me this time of the year, I feel unsettled if you will.

Here is what helps to get me through this.
And this.
These scenes are from about 100 yards from our home. Perfect place to go for a walk don't you think?

MFB has been really busy the past couple of weeks. About a week after I returned from Arizona he was asked to broadcast Notre Dame hockey's post season. First stop was the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit where Notre Dame won the CCHA National Championship. Next stop was Grand Rapids Michigan for the Midwest Regional NCAA Championship where Notre Dame lost the championship game. Had they won, they would have gone to the NCAA Frozen Four National Tournament. He's been doing a lot of traveling.

While MFB was in Grand Rapids I was in DC and Baltimore with family. But that's a special post for another time.

Oh Knitting? Knitting has been done, I'll post a picture soon. One of my current projects is a gift so no pictures on that for a little bit.

Off topic memo here with thanks to MFB for a great line:

Note to Mouse:

Yes I know that we evicted your family member in a violent way this winter and you probably learned by example not to show your existence inside our home. But as MFB mused this afternoon, does our front yard appear to be the Hamptons to you? Are you planning on summering here?

to be continued ....

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand the "blahness" this time of year. Ya get a taste of spring and then it's yanked away and you're tossed back into winter again.

Glad to see ya posting again. Hope you find the perfect battery charger for all the batteries, especially your internal one.

11:27 PM, April 03, 2007  
Blogger Charity said...

Nice to hear from you! I've been wondering about how you were...

I think many of us are feeling pretty blah right now. It will get better - it always does! :0)

2:10 AM, April 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back! (don't fret about the lack of posts, I believe it's been almost a month since I last updated too) Sometimes a bit of time away is a great reprieve anyhow. Good luck with the mousey problem...springs afoot, I can imagine all the little critters will be showing themselves sooner or later!

8:51 AM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't believe you were in DC and didn't have a chance to see you! If you're ever back here and you have time, give me a call - we can do some yarn shopping.

The blahs seem to be going around. I can't even motivate myself to knit socks. It will pass.

11:35 AM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Yay you're back! I was starting to think that after meeting me you decided to give up blogging because the real people were *way* too scarry! ;)

I've been feeling a bit blah myself. This too shall pass I hope. Just think, it's almost playoff time! :)

Jessica

2:15 PM, April 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, cute! Mouse house Hamptons.

It definitely sounds like run down batteries are a theme around you right now!

Selfishly, I'm just happy there are a few of you posting less often, I'm swamped at work and it's impossible to keep up in any way.

It's just too bad that yours was because you felt so blah!

5:31 PM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh, I'm glad you're blogging again! It's been that kind of winter - pretty blah for everyone.

But hey, the Leafs are still in the playoff hunt, so it's exciting TV for sure!

5:54 PM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Carol said...

I was just gonna send out the blog police to check on you too. Glad to see you back! Hope everythings gets a nice charge (including you). Mouse Hamptons ~snort~

6:11 PM, April 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to have you back, my friend - I missed you! It's strange that spring seems to be a time of the "blahs" for so many people - me included, but just if the weather's bad - with good weather and blue skies I just can't feel anything else but good! But perhaps this is just a thing from our bodies waking up out of winter hibernation an taking a bit of time to getting in gear for spring! ;) I love your pics, by the way!

1:27 AM, April 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home