Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Monkeying Around

I've been too busy to post or to catch up with friends. But I have found some time to knit. After finishing the P socks last month I had a hard time deciding what sock yarn to use for my first Summer of Socks project. I did a swatch with my Tess' Designer Yarns Supersock yarn I picked up at MDS&W this year and fell in love with the yarn and the vivid colors, which I think is their Peach Melba colorway. At first I thought I would do just a plain stockinette sock, but I saw the Monkey pattern that so many were knitting and thought I'd see how this yarn looked. I really liked the look but found the pattern a little tight after the first two pattern repeats so I ripped it out and started again with eight extra stitches. The extra stitches did the trick. I'm almost done with the heel flap now - this is another fun pattern.

We've been extremely busy over the last month. Mostly with working long hours (67 last week to be exact), a quick trip here and there, a major purchase, friends and family down from Canada and a surprise from a friend in Canada. If we aren't on the road this weekend, I'll be trying to catch up with everyone.

Memo to Twig: I am so LMAO over the Axe comment and I have to apologize that I haven't sent the package off yet - hopefully this weekend.

Happy Birthday MFB!!!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

ooohhh I LOVE that pink yarn!! very pretty socks!!

11:12 PM, July 11, 2007  
Blogger Beth said...

Induct me into the fan club for that yarn too. Perfect pattern + yarn.

10:46 AM, July 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday BFB!!!

Glad to hear you're still with us, Barb. I had you on my list to email to check on. I still haven't done that pattern yet (am I the only person on earth who hasn't?). I must.

Re: the axe One can never be too careful. heheheh

10:56 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Kim said...

I love that pattern...and I haven't knit it yet, either. I have a skein ready for it but have to tinker with the stitch count. Barb, your sock looks fabulous. Take it a bit easier, if you can...I got tired reading your schedule.

10:57 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Your monkeys are beautiful!! Glad you are back to blogging again too, I was starting to wonder about you! Happy B-day to your guy too. :)

Jessica

11:08 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Charity said...

The Monkey sock is looking great! It's perfect in this colourway. :0)

11:37 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Bridget said...

What great looking socks! I haven't tried that pattern yet, but am considering it ...

Sorry you've had so much work! I hope things settle down soon, so you can have some breathing time.

11:46 AM, July 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sock looks GREAT! Love the yarn.

Happy Birthday to your sweetie. ;^)

I hope y'all get to take a rest soon.

*Otterhuggles*

12:09 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the monkeys! Glad you've been having fun and knitting too.

4:51 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Happy Birthday MFB!!

Great yarn, I love the bright pinkness of it. I would have been attracted to it as well.

6:06 AM, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Carol said...

Jeeze, and thought I was busy! Your Monkey is perfect in that color! Beautiful!

3:53 PM, July 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The monkey socks look great in that pink colorway! Purty.

Happy Birthday to Barb's MFB! (can you tell I can't remember what the acronym stands for? lol)

2:20 PM, July 17, 2007  
Blogger A South Park Republican said...

That pattern in that yarn is fabulous! Those are going to be a great pair of socks.

1:43 PM, July 18, 2007  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Barb--you and I must be on the same "sock-wave", because after I finished my P socks, I want to tackle Monkey--what do you think of the pattern....I am going to the beach and kinda want something mindless...also, what size needle did you use? Hope you are well and having a great summer!!!

1:46 PM, July 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home