Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Knitting motivation


Wheeee!! Here's my Pomatomus Sock progress. The marker shows where I started when I decided I better get back to this fun pattern. I think I finally have my knitting motivation back. It must have gone on vacation when I did back in March. Motivation had a longer vacation then I did, that's for sure. These almost look like they are going to be identical twins, if so, how in the world did I manage it? This is made from Opal in the Petticoat colorway.

MFB is steadily healing up. He ditched the crutches a couple weekends ago for a cane and even the cane has been abandoned. When he told me the surgeon said he should try going without the removable cast boot, I asked him if he told the surgeon the advice was a week and a half too late. Now, if I can just keep him off the baseball diamond and golf course for a couple months so the sprain can heal. Bad news, we drive past both every day to and from work. Patience is required in these situations. Do I have patience? Yeah - not so much.

I love the show Boston Legal, especially William Shatner as Denny Crain. This has absolutely nothing to do with knitting but has everything to do with hockey. Tonight Denny is threatening to engrave his name on Lord Stanley's Cup! The nerve.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, those sure are identical. And that's without even trying?

Glad to hear YFB is healing. When I want my husband to do or not do something either I bribe him with sex or I threaten to withhold it. Perhaps it's time you pull out the big guns. heheheh

12:55 AM, May 16, 2007  
Blogger Brigitte said...

The nerve is right! Even if it is William Shatner...

Your socks are lovely, and what luck that they're coming out identical like that.

Glad to hear YFB is doing so well.

8:13 AM, May 16, 2007  
Blogger Carol said...

What nice "P" socks! The pattern shows really well in that color! Good news about YFB, glad he's doing so well:) Can you imagine? Carving anything on the Stanley Cup?!

10:04 AM, May 16, 2007  
Blogger Charity said...

The socks really are amazing! And such a pretty colourway.

I love Boston Legal, too! I'm a bit late to the game, a friend from work lent me Season 1 on DVD just after Christmas, and I really enjoyed it (plus I have a very small thing for James Spader...).

10:54 AM, May 16, 2007  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh - I bet you were wincing at the end of the show last night! Yikes! That's a far drop. :)

Great P-socks. The Opal is a wonderful yarn for them - I can still see the pattern and everything.

12:34 PM, May 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hockey in Boston Legal??! Gosh - will have to check that out immediately! ;)
Totally adore your socks - the pattern is so much fun to knit, isn't it? And these colors... yummy!
I'm so glad that YFB is doing better and better - all the very best to him for a speedy recovery!

4:36 AM, May 17, 2007  
Blogger Deby said...

absolutley gorgeous!

10:48 PM, May 18, 2007  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Those are the most beautiful socks I have eever seen,
Li

11:12 PM, May 29, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

The P socks are looking great! good colorway for them too. Glad the hubbie's on the mend.

12:05 PM, June 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home