Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Entrelac and the Sheep on the Bus

I hope everyone has enjoyed their Mothers Day weekend.

I have actual knitting content. With many thanks to Knitty Otter and her wonderful instructions on Entrelac, I have two samples that will become dishcloths. This was my first try using 6 stitches per diamond. I used Sugar and Cream cotton in the Buttercream colorway. Here's my second worked with 8 stitches per diamond, again in Sugar and Cream but I can't remember the colorway. I didn't block either of these yet.

I signed up for which starts up in June. When Jessica asked me about it at MDS&W, I told her I didn't think I would. Keep in mind that just about everything I picked up in Maryland was sock yarn and I have Trekking, Regia, Sockotta, Froelich and Knit Picks. Does this sound like someone who shouldn't join? In preparation for this I decided I better finish up my Pomatomus Socks from Knitty. I set aside the P Socks back in the winter when I was working on some charity knitting. The more I think about Summer of Socks the more I'm looking forward to it.

Thinking more about my story about the sheep on the bus at Maryland Sheep and Wool, I did find another blogger who was on that bus and she does have a picture of the sheep on the bus.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I love the Pomatumas socks.

11:05 PM, May 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay on the entrelac. I love the look of entrelac and I enjoy knitting it, but I don't have any projects with it. Hmmm.

I, too, joined up for the summer of socks. Not sure if I'll get any knit, but I'll give it a try. Jessica was gracious enough to let me in even though I'm a Rangers fan. *laugh*

That picture of the sheep on the bus is too funny. But I'm glad she got to ride in the bus instead of in a crate in a dark noisy spot.

3:08 AM, May 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb, your Entrelac is so beautiful! You know, this is a thing I've always wanted to try but never really dared to, I still think I would mess the patterns up completely - but seeing your beautiful work really inspired me to try it soon - perhaps at first in the "smaller" version like for dishloths or such, and if that works, then something bigger perhaps? Thanks for the inspiration anyway - and hey, I aodre your Pomatomus, the colorway you're using seems to be the perfect one for the pattern - it really makes it "jump out", so to say! Great!

4:50 AM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger KnittingJones said...

I love your color choices! I've never done entrelac, but it looks challenging.

So how do I sign up for Summer of Socks? Or is only one Sabres fan allowed?

10:41 AM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Carol said...

Love your socks and your entrelac skills are great! Is there something wrong with a sheep on a bus?

11:08 AM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Charity said...

Barb, your P socks are beautiful! I love that pattern, and your yarn choice is excellent! :0)

I like the entrelac, too. I knit up one of those Garterlac dishcloths a while back to get the feel for it - I want to knit up the Lady Eleanor wrap/scarf this fall.

11:38 AM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

The socks are coming out awesome. I like the entrelac too. It's kind of addicting in a way. I *knew* someone had to have a pic of the sheep on the bus. The more I think of it though, the more I worry for that poor sheep's care and safety.

Jessica

P.S. Thanks for the SOS2007 plug!

1:35 PM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Bridget said...

Your entrelac looks great!

The more I think about the sheep on the bus, the worse I think it is. And who would sell a sheep to someone who had obviously not planned to buy one?

These are the kinds of mysteries that I spend way too much time worrying about ...

9:50 PM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger emilyelizabeth said...

Oh look at that! The second entrelac reminds me of those little layered candies....

Love it!

1:52 PM, May 15, 2007  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Your Pomatomas socks are so pretty! [adds another sock pattern to mountainous pile].

Nice dishcloths! Have you knit Dave's Gartelac dishcloths?

Oh my! An actual picture of a sheep on a bus. Who knew?

4:36 PM, May 15, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love entrelac! I made a bunch of cotton entrelac dishcloths last month when I wasn't in the mood to knit anything else.

12:03 PM, June 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home