Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Sock at a Car Show


While MFB was healing up he wasn't able to get away like I did to MDS&W, and we do like to get away even if it is just a day or a weekend, so on May 19th he was past due to "Git". So git we got and where we got to was the Carlisle Import Kit/Replicar Nationals. This is a car show in Carlisle PA and Volvo was the featured car. We hopped in our Volvo S80 (Photo courtesy of Swedespeed) and joined in on the fun. This is my first car show but we both are sports car enthusiasts.

Rather than parking in the South 40 of the Fairgrounds we parked in the car show and it made the day even that much better. No long hikes anywhere. When it was time for lunch we grabbed the picnic from the trunk and sat in our camp chairs under beautiful sunny skies.

We met some nice people, admired lots of pretty cars and during a couple of our breaks I even took the time to knit on the P sock. Here the sock takes in a Volvo that has over 2 million miles on it - that's 2 million miles and the announcer said the owner drives it every day. I am impressed. (This picture shows that I made it to the heel flap on the sock)

It's amazing how a bunch of greasy old car parts being offered up for sale are as attractive to MFB as yarn and wool were to me when I was at MDS&W. I wouldn't have him any other way. How long will it be before he talks me into going with him to look for an old "Brick" to restore, or as he calls it a Project Car? Probably this weekend.

I leave you (waves at cousin Lonnie and Mark) with a picture of the nicest *smirk* Subaru I could find at the car show. Seriously though by the time we found the Subaru's there weren't that many left. Lonnie and Mark don't like Volvo's and have a Subaru. I couldn't resist Cuz!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 million? MILLION? Wow.

12:40 AM, May 31, 2007  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Hee hee, that grey "station" wagon reminds me of my mother's old car. She used to drive across the 401 to Montreal way back in the 70's, while we played cards in the back hatch section. That would NOT be allowed today!

4:21 PM, May 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, car shows! I adore car shows! That's the "little guy" in me perhaps, I get totally excited over cars - I'd love to sit in them all and most of all, drive them all - okay, speed with them all ;) Well, some sure seem as if they'd break apart with a bit of speeding, but yet, it must've been a feast for the eyes!

2:52 AM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger KnittingJones said...

I like how the sock matches the car!

11:52 AM, June 02, 2007  
Blogger Bridget said...

Looks like the sock enjoyed itself, too ... :-)

8:27 PM, June 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home