Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

2nd Finished Pair for Summer of Socks 2007

... and just in time too. SOS2007 ends this Friday at midnight, I just made it. I started these on August 15 and finished tonight. This was my first time knitting two socks at a time on two circulars. I liked the method as there's no chance of suffering from the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome.

These socks are the Wild Kat pattern by Deby Lake knit in Tofutsies color 723 "Put Your Foot Down". I cast on with 3.0mm Addi's and finished with 2.5mm Knit Picks 24" circulars. I enjoyed the pattern and the yarn has grown on me.

Next up is Fetching and a scarf for my niece while we travel to Canada this weekend, and then the Second Wave Clapotis KAL starts on Sunday.

Two weekends from now the annual "We Interrupt This Marriage for Hockey" season begins.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Great finished socks! Enjoy your trip "up North"! :0)

11:28 PM, September 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh good. You're not finishing far ahead of me on the SOS front. I only finished 1-1/2 pairs of socks. Things just kept getting in the way.

Lovely socks. And I can't wait for the hockey season to start.

12:56 AM, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Martina said...

Socks look great! Think of all the knitting you'll be able to get done while your marriage is on hold! Ha!;)

6:32 AM, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Beth said...

I really need to make some Tofutsies socks.

I could really get into hockey if there was more of it on network (read: free) TV.

3:30 PM, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the pattern! Great job!

5:41 PM, September 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, these socks look awesome - fantastic work!
Hockey season starts here tonight and I'm so NOT ready for it - but I suppose that'll change pretty quickly!

5:43 AM, September 21, 2007  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

They look awesome! Great job!!

Hockey seriously starts in two weeks?!?! Where the heck did the time go?!?!

Jessica

2:55 PM, September 21, 2007  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Pre-season hockey!!! It's only weeks away now!

(Lovely socks, by the way!)

6:30 AM, September 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, they look great! knit two at a time? And still detailed? my, my my.

Fetchings are a great fun quick pattern.

7:17 PM, October 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb.... I'm so far behind in reading blogs, but slowly catching up.

Your socks look great!

Hockey started here on October 3rd. The Avalanche look good this year, especially Stastny. I'm very ready for hockey!

Are you on Ravelry?

8:27 PM, October 09, 2007  
Blogger A South Park Republican said...

Have you succomb to some knitting accident? Maybe a needle jammed in your keyboard? Has the Clapotis sent you over the edge? :)~

11:35 AM, October 11, 2007  
Blogger A South Park Republican said...

Succomb?? Maybe I need to succumb to spell check!

11:37 AM, October 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home