Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

It isn't pretty...

A couple weeks ago Wendy had a post about a light tent. When I saw that, I asked MFB if he would make a light box for me. MFB, always looking for a new project, checked with one of his co-workers who is a photographer and videographer and this is what MFB came up with. It isn't pretty, but it was far less expensive than purchasing one. Have I mentioned that he spoils me?

Here is one of the pictures I took today.
The Yarnographers forum on Ravelry is pretty neat and it's helping me learn some things about my camera. I have a long way to go, but it's a start.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neat! Jody bought me one but my camera sucks so it doesn't matter. Looks like you have the best of both!

2:52 AM, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Charity said...

This is awesome! I love the photo from the light box, and I'm campaigning now to hubby for one of my own. :0)

11:11 AM, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Very cool! Way better than the cardboard one I made for myself...

Jessica

11:22 AM, September 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that came out great! I wonder if it would help my funky camera out.

I hope you're feeling better! Just looking a that yarn cheered me up considerably.

2:46 PM, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Bridget said...

Very cool, and I love that yarn!

6:44 PM, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Carol said...

How cool! Are they special light bulbs? Your yarn is really pretty and it looks like a "store's" photo! When it comes to beauty, let the yarn have the spotlight! Less $ on lightbox=more $ for yarn;)

10:50 PM, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Ooo, nice! Hey - that's a pretty yarn, what is it?

8:16 AM, September 11, 2007  
Blogger fluffbuff said...

Cool!
I need to borrow your husband. :)

12:20 PM, September 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how cool! I want such a lightbox too!!! But, CM being the computer-geek, he might be able to do something similar, but he certainly wouldn't do it - buuuhhh ;((( YFB rocks big time!
Love that yarn - what a yummy colorway!

4:58 AM, September 12, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool box! Great photo too!

11:36 AM, September 15, 2007  
Blogger lekkercraft said...

what a great idea for a light box - this might actually be doable for me!

11:24 AM, October 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for good idea... i need it what i should?

2:08 AM, December 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home