Accident Prone Knitter

Here you will find musings about knitting, home renovation, travelling, sports and the myriad of things I delight in. "Out into the brimming, sun bathed world I sped"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Pennsylvania, United States

I've lived in California, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Toronto and Pennsylvania. I'm a retired police officer, and I've worked in accounting and payroll related fields for the last several years.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Again with the catching up

Back in July Lesley at Twig's (mis)Adventures in Knitting nominated me for a Rockin' Girl Blogger Award but because my schedule this summer has been something I don't care to repeat next summer, I never even mentioned it. Having been nominated by someone like Twig, our charming hostess of the Hockey Knitters Knit-A-Long, phenomenal blogging skills, knitting skills that I can only aspire too, and author of some of the funniest comments known to MFB, I must say I felt honored. Just the other day Jenna aka A South Park Republican nominated me as well. I just recently discovered Jenna in the last couple of months, she has a very funny unique "voice" if you will and she even traveled through a town I used to live in this summer - and treated me to some wonderful pictures that made me homesick.

I want to pass the nomination onto all of you out here but the thing is I'm supposed to pass it on to five specific Girls.
#1. Angie at Dipsy Doodle
#2. Francesca at Fluffbuff
#3. Ava at When a Door Closes
#4. Brigitte at Wrapped Around My Finger
#5. Knitty Otter

And ten others of you out here.

On the stash front, my friend Lori gifted me with this Mountain Colors Bearfoot during the summer. She picked it up when she was in Baltimore for a weekend. It's the Alpine colorway and I sooooo love it. Thanks again Lori!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What nice comments! Of course, you've now admitted to having a warped sense of humor, too. hehehe

1:17 AM, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Bridget said...

I'm glad you are one of the Rockin' Girls!

I love that yarn and the color is stunning.

7:26 AM, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

You totally rock! :)

Beautiful new yarn too. :)

Jessica

11:17 AM, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Carol said...

Congrats on a well deserved award! And yarn prezzies too!

2:59 PM, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Thanks for the nomination! I'm in great company!

I love that colour...blues with a bit of black? Nice. :)

6:28 AM, September 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You certainly deserve this award as you rock big time! And awww - thank you so much for nominating me, I feel totally fluttered now, and this is a good feeling indeed ;)))

3:13 AM, September 15, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww, thanks so much, Barbara! I'm SO flattered and pleased!

Great sock yarn! What a wonderful gift!

11:15 AM, September 15, 2007  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Barb--I live in Annapolis, so will definitely be here then! Yeah...email me and let's plan on getting together. Yee haw.

8:44 AM, September 16, 2007  
Blogger fluffbuff said...

Congratulations on your nomination and thank you for including me in the next round!

12:42 PM, September 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Bearfoot! you rockin' girl, you.

4:44 PM, September 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home